How Long Did It Take?

Options
carakit
carakit Posts: 126 Member
Well I have completed my first week of MFP!! Obviously Im not going to see any changes in my body yet but I was just wondering how long it took everyone else to start seeing changes in their body. I am working out 5 days a week and giving myself two rest days. I am running on the treadmill for about two miles at 5.4 mph, and I am also doing a weight lifting program. I know it took me a long time to put all this weight on so I cant expect it to come right off!! I already am feeling better but just wondered when I could expect to start seeing results! Thanks

Replies

• bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A month to 6 weeks for me to notice much body wise but fitness improved significantly after a couple of weeks and continues to improve
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. depending on your body and how much you've got to lose you could start seeing results in 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it takes a month and the changes could be dramatic or very subtle.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I started feeling better after about 2-3 weeks, didn't lose any weight for the first month though. Stick with it, it's worth it!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    2-3 weeks, but I didn't have much to lose. I was only trying to lose 10lbs at the most.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A month to 6 weeks for me to notice much body wise but fitness improved significantly after a couple of weeks and continues to improve

This was true for me as well. I'm not sure how many calories you are working with. I started at 1200. After 6 weeks or so I notched it up to 1350 and then again to 1400. I'm now at about 1800 and still losing, so I need to up it again for maintenance and weight training. It took me about 4 months to drop 30 pounds (my goal was 25).

ETA: Some others have noted that they started feeling better after a week or two. This was definitely true for me. Clothing/mirror changes happened maybe in 4 weeks.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any weight loss until recently and I've lost 39lb, but even then it took a picture comparison. I had 101 lb to lose when I started, so I think it takes a little longer. Other people noticed before I did.

My fitness and general well being however I noticed within a couple of weeks. I was no longer constantly tired or out of breath at the slightest exercise.
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For me I've lost about 7kg so far in around 5-6 weeks. I noticed a subtle change after the first week and a half but thats because I hadn't done any exercise for a long long time and was very unfit when I started.

All the best with everything, I'm sure you'll do great :)
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options

This was true for me as well. I'm not sure how many calories you are working with. I started at 1200. After 6 weeks or so I notched it up to 1350 and then again to 1400. I'm now at about 1800 and still losing, so I need to up it again for maintenance and weight training. It took me about 4 months to drop 30 pounds (my goal was 25).

ETA: Some others have noted that they started feeling better after a week or two. This was definitely true for me. Clothing/mirror changes happened maybe in 4 weeks.

I am already seeing a difference in what I can do in my workouts I started out about a month ago trying to run and I could barely jog from mail box to mail box now I am doing 2 miles....slowly but Im still able to do it!!

Since I am larger than your average women (6'2") Im trying to keep my calories to 1500 per day.
  • CalypsoNi
    CalypsoNi Posts: 44
    Options
    I felt better after only a week. Don't feel so weighed down, and have a bit more energy to get from point A to point B, however physically I havn't noticed anything. I'm expecting it to take about a month before I see anything physical as well. Just keep at it! =)