HEY YOU! Celebrate a job well done!

Options
Hey everyone! A while ago I posted a thread calling everyone to recognize their hard work, and it was just what a lot of people needed. So it's that time again! I know a lot of us still have work ahead of us, but look how far we've come! So this time, "What do you like about your body NOW?" (Toned arms? Smaller belly? Lower blood pressure? Anything!) I'll go first:

I :heart: my legs! They are sculpted now and look great :) Now I am working on my arms (and of course, my stomach).

Recognize the hard work you are doing, and take this opportunity to "toot your horn" a bit! Keep at it everyone!! Keep up the good work, don't give up! We CAN do this, and we ARE doing this, and we will CONTINUE doing this! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go, so I can't say that there are things I really LIKE about my body now. HOWEVER, I can say that my belly is noticeably smaller than it used to be, and I feel like I am actually APPROACHING having a figure again. Oh, and the next time I buy clothes, I think I'll be out of the plus sizes. That makes me very happy.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I have a long way to go, so I can't say that there are things I really LIKE about my body now. HOWEVER, I can say that my belly is noticeably smaller than it used to be, and I feel like I am actually APPROACHING having a figure again. Oh, and the next time I buy clothes, I think I'll be out of the plus sizes. That makes me very happy.

Awesome! That will be great!!
  • chmiss01
    Options
    I'm so very excited! I stepped on the scale this morning, and have reached a milestone in my weight loss journey..... 10 lbs lost.... :) It feels so good to be on the way to my old self......

Now, to answer your question.... I feel proud that my arms are no longer flabby and have muscular definition, and am proud to wear tank tops again! :) And, my tummy is finally going away! Double yay!!! In general, I am really noticing that everything is toning up and I look forward to feeling great wearing a bikini on our vacation this fall!

Keep at it everyone!!! Congrats on the great work you're all doing! :)

1418891.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I have always had massive calf muscles. I will say I love how they are looking more and more sculpted since I started running and losing weight.
  • sweetoblivion314
    Options
    At almost 50lbs lost i have a lot i like about my new body. My double chin is gone! I can see the tendons in my hands and they have become quite vascular. I no longer have any clothes with an x in the size (some are even mediums)! And my lats are now the widest part of my torso when I flex, not my love handles.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My biggest accomplishment is lowering my blood pressure..this was a major concern, it was the very high range and over the course of 9 months I have brought it into the optimal range! This has been the best side effect of exercise for me so far!
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love that my belly is much smaller and so is my waist. My bras used to dig into my sides and now they dont do that anymore. Tracking my calories on this site has made me much more aware now of how I eat. This is the best I've ever felt on any weightloss journey.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I've lost less than one pound shy of 40 lbs so far, and I'm really happy about it. I have a curved waist now, which is a big improvement. While standing face on, it's no competition between seeing my breasts vs my belly. I have a lovely side curve that looks like an hourglass instead of a "block" of a torso. I like that when I put my hands on my waist, it doesn't feel soft anymore. It feels nice and hard!

I love the definition in my legs. They look so much prettier! :smile: I'm happy to see that my "check" (chin-neck) has disappeared, and you can now absolutely see where one ends and the other begins.

I like that my stomach doesn't have rolls while I'm standing up. It's not tiny by any means, but it's no longer eating itself from the outside in. I can see my belly button again when I look at myself nude in the mirror.

I guess that's enough for now. :embarassed: I'm just really happy with my progress, and can't wait to be at my ideal size and wieght. :smile:
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost 47 pounds so far. I joined this site and shorty thereafter joined the gym. I have been able to stop taking my blood pressure medicine because I don't need it anymore! My legs are the smallest they've been in my adult life. However I'm still working on toning up the upper thighs...ugh! And under the arms is still a work in progress. Of course the stomach is smaller than it was, but still way bigger than it should be and I still want to lose another 30 pounds. I tried on some extra large blouses the other day and they were too big. I was jumping up and down in the dressing room....even if they were the stretchy kind of blouses! I started out as a size 22/24. I have actually been able to fit into some size 14 dresses now...yeah! Until I joined this site I had no idea how many calories I had been consuming. It was a real awakening! I am definitely feeling better about myself now and will keep working on it!:smile:
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    Everyones doing amazingly, I hope one day I can look back and say the same things you're all saying now.

Small celebrations - I've lost 2 inches off my thighs that I once thought were "hopeless lumps of fat that would never change", meaning my once too-small jeans fit perfectly.(though I will never admit that they were too small because I was refusing to go up to a 16)
    Also, for the first time EVER, I've lost over 10lbs without giving up hope and am more motivated now than ever.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 9 lbs., and I'm plateauing on the weight loss right now, but it's hard to be upset because I can still SEE how much my body is changing!

My favorite thing is that, when I started working out just over a month ago, I could only do 9 MODIFIED push-ups. I can now do over 10 regular push-ups! A small victory? Perhaps, but I can't remember that last time my arms and tummy looked so good!
  • Panda86
    Options
    Everyones doing amazingly, I hope one day I can look back and say the same things you're all saying now.

Small celebrations - I've lost 2 inches off my thighs that I once thought were "hopeless lumps of fat that would never change", meaning my once too-small jeans fit perfectly.(though I will never admit that they were too small because I was refusing to go up to a 16)
    Also, for the first time EVER, I've lost over 10lbs without giving up hope and am more motivated now than ever.

Hey you are getting there! Little victories, big victories, they all count! Way to go! 2 inches is awesome!!
  • Panda86
    Options
    I love the definition in my legs. They look so much prettier! smile I'm happy to see that my "check" (chin-neck) has disappeared, and you can now absolutely see where one ends and the other begins.

Way to go! This part made me laugh :laugh: "Check"- is that the scientific term?! :wink: I am going to use that.
  • Panda86
    Options
    I've only lost 9 lbs., and I'm plateauing on the weight loss right now, but it's hard to be upset because I can still SEE how much my body is changing!

My favorite thing is that, when I started working out just over a month ago, I could only do 9 MODIFIED push-ups. I can now do over 10 regular push-ups! A small victory? Perhaps, but I can't remember that last time my arms and tummy looked so good!

Way to go! 9 lbs is awesome! I should know! I've lose 8 and it was hard work! Keep up the awesome work! As for the plateau- are you doing the same exercises over and over again? Up the intensity and the duration, and throw in something new. That kicked me out of my plateau after sitting at 142.8 for what seemed like ages. :drinker:
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    well i'm happy with a lot even though i know i have a long way to go. 1st. when i look down i see my boobs and no stomach vs before when i saw my boobs and then my stomach wrapping around me as if i was wearing a tube. 2nd. i have energy now vs. before when i was always tired 3rd. even though my arms are still huge, they look a lot better and i'm actually considering wearing a dress that shoes them. 4th my thighs look long now vs. just being wide and round 5h and my favorite of all... it's been 11 years since i graduated high school and i had put on 80lbs since then and i am now back down to my high school weight, i was fat then too but i was not horrifically fat like i was when i hit 360 after my youngest daughter was born. the first 30ish lbs i lost were accidental loss, didn't know i was losing them at all this last almost 50 has been my hard work. i am super proud of myself.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    2 days a week I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu workout. I have been at it for almost a yeat. Mostly I am a practice dummy for the other guys, but I now can go longer then all of the 20's in the group (i'm 44). Cardio aspect of the workout is going great for me.

Now if I just stop the brusing all will be good. :laugh:
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I love that now when my hubby and I think of entertainment we don't automatically equate that with eating out and a movie. Now we take long walks, bike rides, hiking, horseback riding, canoeing and the like. We have both lost weight and are closer than we have been in a long time.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Man I needed this today...been down over screwing my knee up and not eating so great today. I'm proud that my clothes are fitting better, my tummy doesn't stick out as far, starting to get a curve where my waist should be and I have tons more energy.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have these slight dimples in my upper abs, by my ribs. The beginnings of some sweet abs, I hope! I'm really excited about it!
  • MusicalMe
    MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Although I still have a long way to go, I try to notice the "little things" that really are "HUGE things".

1.) When I do my hair in the morning while wearing a tank top, my arms don't sag as much as they used to.
    2.) I can see my feet when I look down!
    3.) My towel wraps all the way around me when I get out of the shower in the morning (not so much before).
    4.) The arthritis and joint dysfunction in my back are nearly non existant as far as pain goes.
    5.) I can feel my hip bones!!!!
    6.) My face is thinner and I don't have such a huge double chin any more.
    7.) I no longer have to push myself up to get off the couch...even when I'm holding my 18 pound toddler.

It's the little things. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!