100 calorie snacks that actually keep you full for hours?

Options

Replies

• marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Eat a pear. Pears are full of belly feeling fiber!
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I will eat a small gala apple and a reduced fat string cheese at 11am to tide me over until 1 or 2 when I get lunch. Sometimes I will substitute the apple for carrots and hummus, but it is still about the same calories.
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars! I eat whole ones for breakfast, but you could eat half as a snack. They have like 17 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein. And they are really filling! I eat one at about 7, and then am not hungry until lunch at 11ish.

The cookie dough one is fan-freaking-tastic if you put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    100cal of lettuce will have you eating all afternoon, but I suppose you were looking for tasty? haha. Sadly, there are not a ton of options. Most of those treats marketed as 100cal options just are not that filling, but they make the companies boat loads of money. There are quite a few good protein treat recipes out there that might help.
  • SexyDexie
    SexyDexie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Maybe a large cucumber with a tsp of Olive Oil?
  • akindc
    akindc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars! I eat whole ones for breakfast, but you could eat half as a snack. They have like 17 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein. And they are really filling! I eat one at about 7, and then am not hungry until lunch at 11ish.

The cookie dough one is fan-freaking-tastic if you put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.

I bought Quest bars because everyone raves about them. I don't know if it's just because I quit artificial sweeteners cold turkey a couple of years ago, but they taste completely of gross sugar alcohols to me. Returned the ones I had left.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. All this Kashi/Slimfast/Kind bar business had me hungry all the time before, which is why I weighed 50 pounds more. Real fruit and veggies, hummus, nuts, are a great filling snack.

Keep the yolks in and I guarantee you'll feel fuller longer. Fat keeps you satisfied, people. A bit of avocado or almonds goes a long way.

Because you were eating the wrong kind of bars. I use quest and they keep me full for 2-3 hours, I've yet to find any other 170 calories snack that can do that. Personally, it's my vote... but you got to find some you like. I know I tried a lot that I didn't like. And for the post above, there's maybe 1% sugar alcohol in them, I highly doubt that you'd be able to taste it.

I agree with using whole eggs if possible, but it's hard to find a meal that keeps me full for more than 4 hours unless it has 800 calories or something. I'm not sure how you're getting 620 calories from breakfast though?
  • ads721
    ads721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like "cucumber sandwiches".
    -8 cucumber slices
    - 1 slice of cheese quartered (I like Sargento RF Colby Jack)
    - 2 slices of turkey (halved)
    - I use mustard for added flavor.

Put them together like a sandwich with a cucumber on each side and a quarter of cheese and half of a turkey slice and mustard in the middle. It's about 100 cals.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As some posters said above:
    Fage Yogurt
    or
    Pears
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I pack a sandwich bag full of broccoli, radishes, celery, and carrots. You can also throw in some pickle slices, cucumbers, or other veggies and still hit around or even less than 100 calories.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How do you make sunny side up eggs without the yolks? Isn't that taking away the sun?

Ha! My thoughts exactly! :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I really like "cucumber sandwiches".
    -8 cucumber slices
    - 1 slice of cheese quartered (I like Sargento RF Colby Jack)
    - 2 slices of turkey (halved)
    - I use mustard for added flavor.

Put them together like a sandwich with a cucumber on each side and a quarter of cheese and half of a turkey slice and mustard in the middle. It's about 100 cals.

This works. I haven't figured out how to make it so it's not a slippery mess though.
  • amyljl77
    amyljl77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg with a little mustard or BBQ sauce keeps me satisfied for awhile.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of peanut butter does wonders for me. 90 calories.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Shelby, I can't imagine that 1300 calories is enough for you if you work out as well! I would reevaluate that. Also, eating 6 times per day is better. Distribute the calories as much as possible into 6 meals and see if this helps. But seriously, I'd re-evaluate that 1300 calorie reading. Feel free to ping me for more information if you need.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I guess "0" calorie shirataki noodles add volume... I like making vegetables soups like spinach or broccoli garlic soup.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have 2 breakfasts usually, but smaller than yours. And I have to have at least one egg yolk to add the fat to help me feel fuller.

Also - watch the Kashi cereals. I like them but I find that high protein cereals still don't keep me as full as high fiber cereals, and the calories are less for the high fiber ones. So I go that route instead (and I haven't had any adverse side effects).

Consider doing some natural almonds as a filler/snack.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I love 100 calorie popcorn bags.

^Agreed and add a bottle of water with it, I am full for at least two hours or so.
  • Mrsdpitts
    Mrsdpitts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fiber 1 bar and water as a mid day
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Hard boiled egg
    Apple slices with a little PB
    Carrot chips w/ hummus