Hello MyFitnessPal World:)

Options
I am new to MFP and so far in the week I have actually been using it, I have loved it! I am down from 293-283 in less than two weeks and I am already starting feel great and I can see my confidence growing! It took me 24 years to get into this body and I am hoping it will take less than a year to get me out of it! I have been reading success stories on the website and I am feeling so motivated! I wish everyone luck and am sending positive vibes to all! Get to a size healthy!

Any helpful ideas or tips to stay on track and to keep motivated I am open to!

Thank you:)

-Ashley

Replies

• justamessenger
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I joined MFP a while ago, but have only been actively using it for two weeks as well. I really like it. Makes it real easy to track nutrients and foods. Hope all is well with you :)
  • ashleyisdoingit
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I hope we can keep up the great results with MFP! Good luck to you:)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!

As for tips, with a lot of weight to lose it seems to come off quickly at first, but it will slow down so be prepared for that. I lost 75 lbs in about a year and after the initial 5-6 lb losses the first two weeks or so it tended to slow down to 1-2 lbs most weeks with some more and some less. Also don't fall into the "low calorie diet" mind set. Your body needs food and will be most unhappy with you when deprived.

The biggest thing I've learned so far is that food isn't divided into "good" and "bad". There is nothing inherently evil about ice cream or cookies. If it's something I am craving and it fits into my calorie goal (and most importantly) I'll enjoy it ....then it's eaten. I just make sure to track as accurately as possible and am accountable for everything I eat so I can't try to fool myself.

Good luck on your journey!
  • ashleyisdoingit
    Options
    Thank you for the reply! This is great advice. Congrats on your weight loss! Amazing:)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1. Start weight training (it will help preserve your muscle mass) and the more muscle you have, the leaner and tighter your body will be and the less overall weight you will have to lose. I would suggest lifting heavy 3-4 days a week and 1-2 days of cardio. Also, those who exercise tend to maintain a healthy weight post weight loss.. so exercising severely increase longevity.

2. Meal timing does not matter but getting enough calories does. Do not try to over extend your calorie goal. If your calorie goal is 1600 calories, try to come +/- 100 calories of that. While it may not hurt you while you are obese, it will the closer you reach a goal. Too high of a calorie deficit can lead to plateau's.

3. I would suggest upping your protein and fats from the standard MFP setting. I perfer around 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fats. Protein and fat are great for satiety.

4. Don't think of this as a diet. It's ok to splurge once in a while. Holidays, birthdays and vacations are ok to eat more calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and so far in the week I have actually been using it, I have loved it! I am down from 293-283 in less than two weeks and I am already starting feel great and I can see my confidence growing! It took me 24 years to get into this body and I am hoping it will take less than a year to get me out of it! I have been reading success stories on the website and I am feeling so motivated! I wish everyone luck and am sending positive vibes to all! Get to a size healthy!

Any helpful ideas or tips to stay on track and to keep motivated I am open to!

Thank you:)

-Ashley

Best tip would be to go and read this mfp topic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet