Why is my waist is 2" smaller..but looks flabbier/worse?lol

Options
So Ive lost 9 lbs since April 25th. Ive been eating pretty flippin' clean!..Ive literally "cheated" maybe 3 times(not a whole day either..just like 1 thing)...Ive been exercising daily..at least 30 minutes..usually 1 hr or more...well my stomach was looking flabbier/squishier...lol..So I measured it...and its 2" smaller than when I started!:( whats up with that? What should I be doing differently? I do 30 DS sometimes,jog,walk,etc...Any exercises that will help....? I do crunches.

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    skin no longer taught from excess adipose. it will snap to normal... in a year or two.
  • hkb85
    hkb85 Posts: 37
    Options
    treating yourself every once in a while is soo not cheating :happy:
  • keriannloch
    Options
    Give it some time, it's the excess skin from before you started losing some weight :)
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    skin no longer taught from excess adipose. it will snap to normal... in a year or two.

This. I know I've lost weight, but my skin's not as "firm" because all the fat that was under it is no longer pulling it tight. Make sure you're drinking TONS of water (at the very least 64 oz/day) and be patient! I also regularly use cocoa butter on my belly (for stretch marks, but it also helps it feel a little nicer, at least to me) and take vitamin e for healthy skin/hair/nails, etc.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    DO PLANK!!!! PLANK like a yoga position.... you get in "push-up" position resting on your elbows (there are many variations of plank, but this is the one I do...) I do it for 3 minutes every--- wait.. MOST nights before bed. My upper abs are pretty hard... still working on the lower portion but man does it work. start out slow... don't start out at 3 minutes. just see how you feel after 1 minute (of just holding the position.. that's all you do) and if you can keep going then great, but if not... then just work up to it :)
  • SingingPilgrim
    SingingPilgrim Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of it like the fat is compact... and then you're pulling some out. A bit like pulling some fluff out of a pillow. You DO have a bit less fluff in there, but while the pillow case is the same size and shape it will just look lumpy.

But our skin isn't fabric, and it will shrink. Actually I had noticed a few weeks ago that my fluff was less fluffy... then recently noticed after being sick (so I didn't diet/exercise while I recovered) my pillow seemed more compact and though I had gained...

Definitely not! I'd lost a lot... it's just my skin shrunk and it got less 'de-fluffed' looking. My pillow is getting smaller... lol
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    thanx everyone!:) I also use cocoa butter...but have skipped the last few days...oops..back at it i guess!ha ha...I just started doing plank today ;) Hoping it starts to get better
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It all takes time. Be patient and don't give up. The crunches are a great idea and will also take time. Be consistent and hang in there.