Remaining calories!

Options
So I have found that sometimes after eating my dinner I still have sometimes up to 290 calories remaining. I am on a 1200 calorie diet, using meal replacement for Breakfast and Dinner. So ultimately my question is; is it best to eat all my calories, or is it ok to say im done, I'm not hungry. Which is the way to go for faster but safest weight loss possible?

Replies

• bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    I think it is really important to consume all 1200 calories being mindful of getting a nice variety of protein, veggies, fruit, grains etc. one day someone shared a tasty snack of peanut butter and apple. yum!!!:smile:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If you're going to go that low, eat all your calories, plus your exercise calories so that you're netting 1200, not just eating 1200. To find out if you should be that low (which really isn't suitable for most people but might be if you're very small and sedentary), check here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Also, while meal replacements are very handy sometimes, they don't teach you anything about how to eat properly, so it's very easy to put weight back on when you stop using them. Happened to me years ago with Slim Fast--lost 15 pounds, put it all back on plus more. You might want to consider eating more normally, only at enough of a deficit to lose weight. Far easier to keep going that way, plus a lot easier to maintain afterwards.

Best of luck!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat 1200 calories of healthy foods. Ditch the replacement shakes. Those are okay once in awhile but not as a regular diet.
  • Icanredefinemyself
    Icanredefinemyself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Agree^ Meal replacements & shakes don't teach you how to eat.