2 month plateau but down 4 sizes!

Options
Reneeisfat
Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
So I guess it's true what 'they' say about losing inches but not losing weight.
I haven't lost a measly tenth of a pound in about 2 months. However, a month ago I had to buy a size 10 jeans (because my 14s were toooo big). Well today, just seconds ago, I was at Target lookin for some size 8 jeans (because my 10s were tooo baggy).

While I was there I figured I needed to be tortured about not losing weight on the scale and grabbed a size 6 for some giggles.

Well well well guess who fit into size 6 curvy size (aka big booty)?

THIS GIRL!

I don't understand it but hey! I'll take it!

I'm at the same 160 I was almost 2 months but down 4 sizes!
overall since January 1st: down only 30 pounds of the 60 i want to lose and have gone from a 14 to a comfy 8 and a booty-sized 6! Go figure!

Hope this gives inspiration to those who are stuck at a plateau! There is more to fitness than a number on a scale.

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear this!! My scale weight as gone up a bit to 166 lbs, but I still am shrinking. I've gone from a tight size 17 to size 13 since I joined in April.
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear this!! My scale weight as gone up a bit to 166 lbs, but I still am shrinking. I've gone from a tight size 17 to size 13 since I joined in April.

Those numbers don't lie!!!! WTG!
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Sweetcherrytree
    Sweetcherrytree Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's the answer for me, kept going on scale and it did not move got frustrated and hid it out of sight however down a size.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome loss!!! Congratulations!!! This is proof that relying only on the scale leads to frustration... but measuring and taking progress pictures helps a lot when the scale won't budge :P
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    Are you strength training by any chance? Or doing other types of exercises?
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Keep going...you are doing fantastic...I always say well I'm losing fat not muscle..lol
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! The same thing has happened to me before, but I was only down two sizes. Broken scale perhaps? But who cares really, because it's the shape you're in not the number you are!
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    That's awesome!

Thanks! I really mix it up but have increased my weight training. I do a mix of Zumba, 30Day Shred, elliptical trainer, stationary bike (to get rid of the booty), mat Pilates, p90x strength training, and a lot of classes offered by my gym (kickboxing, step aerobics, strength training classes).

It's definitely lifting weights that has trimmed my body without losing pounds. I was so frustrated and down about not losing weight but just kept pushing through...and something's happening because I was a 14 and now I'm an 8---and a big booty 6 with only 30 pounds gone.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    STUPENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

Thanks! I really mix it up but have increased my weight training. I do a mix of Zumba, 30Day Shred, elliptical trainer, stationary bike (to get rid of the booty), mat Pilates, p90x strength training, and a lot of classes offered by my gym (kickboxing, step aerobics, strength training classes).

It's definitely lifting weights that has trimmed my body without losing pounds. I was so frustrated and down about not losing weight but just kept pushing through...and something's happening because I was a 14 and now I'm an 8---and a big booty 6 with only 30 pounds gone.

Wow! Kudos to you! That's a lot of hard work, but definitely paying off big time.
    I wouldn't worry about the physical numbers on the scale. That doesn't compare to the body you have now.
    I think it will eventually catch up anyway. You are inspiring!!! :)
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is EXCELLENT!!!! I think that it is time for you to change your profile name.....ReneeWASfat, or ReneeisPHAT would work! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

By the way, your puppy is ADORABLE!!!!!!
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    That's awesome! The same thing has happened to me before, but I was only down two sizes. Broken scale perhaps? But who cares really, because it's the shape you're in not the number you are!

WTG on your loss!
    I thought my scale was broken!!! But I confirmed it with the gym scale and they are always the same! Lol!

But you are right...it really does not matter. It's seems so counter-intuitive (to me at least) that you can get smaller but not lose weight.
  • criscollrj
    criscollrj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow - congrats! I am on a 2 month plateau but have lost at least half of my 7 1/4 inches lost during that time. So I know what you mean! I don't think I've lost a size yet but my 16s are feelnig a little better where I was into some 18s before :D
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Makes me excited and reminds me that the scale does not always matter!!!
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    That is EXCELLENT!!!! I think that it is time for you to change your profile name.....ReneeWASfat, or ReneeisPHAT would work! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

By the way, your puppy is ADORABLE!!!!!!

I'll have to do that!!! I didn't think of it! Hahaha!

Ps that's Reagan!
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    Wow - congrats! I am on a 2 month plateau but have lost at least half of my 7 1/4 inches lost during that time. So I know what you mean! I don't think I've lost a size yet but my 16s are feelnig a little better where I was into some 18s before :D

It really feels great doesn't it?!
    It is kinda like blind faith...
    I wish I had measured from the beginning like you!
  • jkitchen09
    jkitchen09 Posts: 1
    Options
    AWESOME! Great Job!!! That muscle vs fat is tricky business. Keep building that muscle!!! I'm doing a 50 squat challenge everyday for a week if you want to join in :)
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    AWESOME! Great Job!!! That muscle vs fat is tricky business. Keep building that muscle!!! I'm doing a 50 squat challenge everyday for a week if you want to join in :)

Thanks! Yeah tell me about the squats! Just do 50 a day (and not be able to walk for the next week? Lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!