Ezekiel bread...Thoughts??

Options
2»

Replies

• LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I couldn't deal with it, tasted like chewing wood to me. I usually have under 100 mg total carbs daily and use Nature's Own 40 calorie breads (9 grain, honey wheat, etc). Runs 18 total carbs (far less net carbs) snd 80 calories per 2 pieces!
  • christied829
    Options
    I really like the Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread. I store it in the freezer and just toast a slice when I want one.
  • tryskinni
    tryskinni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what your goal is. For me, I love it. It's as close to whole & clean as bread gets and I try to eat 95% clean during the week. Second, I need bread to be just a little bit gross so I won't crave it. Ezekiel does that for me. It tastes fine (I eat it with egg whites) and I keep it in the freezer. I also do the tortillas.

If the goal overall is taste, this is NOT the bread. I'd take a big fluffy peace of potato bread filled with sugar, salt, and chemicals any day. YUM. But that's not great for me; I only eat that at restaurants.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I loved the bread! I just couldn't eat it...it would upset my stomach like crazy. Maybe the extra gluten from the sprouting?
  • gmms57
    gmms57 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also loved the bread, but now I have to eat gluten free bread and gluten free everything else....but it's better than feeling sick...:ohwell:
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dig it, I bought it on a whim. I like that it can stand up to ingredients and not turn to mush...I can make a almond butter and jam sandwich the evening before and it's fine at lunch. I like the texture and taste too. Definitely buying again.