Arthritis, Tendonitis, Fallen Arch, anyone else? Advice?

Options
Asking this question for my mom. It was posted on her page. Successthistime49 is her username if you wish to add her. The question is;

I have a question does anyone have issues with their feet, my right foot as been diagnosed with arthritis, fallen arches, and tendonitis of the ankle, can anyone recommend shoes or inserts that would stop pain, I work in a warehouse and work from eight hours to ten hours and am so tired of my foot hurting all the time, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Replies

• marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I assume your Mom saw either an orthopedist or podiatrist - She should call the doctor's office for information. I have tendonitis and arthritis and my doctor just told me to get shoes with good support - but first I had to wear a cast to let the tendonitis "cool down". Also have prescription Ibuprofen for flare-ups. Hope she gets some relief -- I had been feeling good until three years ago -- and my problems started with tendonitis--and I've had more problems ever since. I also suffer from neoropathy which makes my legs both painful (pins and needles and super sensitive) and numb like dead-weights.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse so I'm on my feet ALOT. I also have plantar fascitis in my feet and tore a tendon in my ankle that had to be surgically repaired. Good shoes make the world of difference. I like either Danskos or Sanitas. They are fabulous. I can work a 12 hr shift and my feet don't hurt. They are a bit pricey but so worth it. Both of them are available on Zappos (free shipping both ways :) but if you're not sure of your shoe size, I would find a store that carries them so you can try them on. Good luck!
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I will have her read both of these. Yes, she has been to a podiatrist. They have her wrap her foot daily. I will.inform her about the shoes also, I know she needs better ones. Thank you.