Just started C25K, anyone else doing this?

Options

Replies

• dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yeah week 6 supposed to be on last day but my motivation for it is slim when im doig the run I LOVE IT but getting there is another matter :/ anyone else have this prob? Add me hopefully we can motivate each other to go :) lol
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. 60 seconds never seemed so long but I managed it. Back out tomorrow for day 2.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have been doing well mostly on the treadmill on an incline plus a few odd runs outside which is so much harder. Ive had 2 weeks repeating week 5, until i feel less like im dying. Defo reccomend the group loads of hints and tips.
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started on Day 1, Week 1 on Friday! I am very excited that I didn't die the first day! Good luck with it!
  • weightwatcher_girl
    weightwatcher_girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 6 today. Starting C25K has been one of the best things I've done, it's made me a lot fitter, has really changed my body (for the better), and has given me a new hobby that I love! Just keep going and you'll make amazing progress, it's a great program.

Feel free to add me, C25k people :D
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did week two day two week before last and then got a really bad cold so I had to take a week off. So yesterday I decided to start back at week one to get myself back at it. That's what I love about the program, it's based on your pace. :)
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Is it supposed to be done 3 days a week or every day of the week?

It's supposed to be done 3 days a week, not every day. You'll burn out if you do it every day, unless you're already a runner. Though I can't imagine most runners do this program.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just started C25K on Saturday. I had to do two days in a row, so I'm going to be on W1D3 today. I did send some requests to some of the people I saw on the forum. Add me, I'd love to have some friends on my list who are doing it as well.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 this week....it's a great program....like so many have said there is a group you can join with lots of people at different stages of it (which is really nice to have advice from those further along and give help to those "behind" you :) ). I will have to say that three days a week is something to really consider. I know how it feels to be all excited because it's going well and you feel you want to do more but stick to 3 days out of 7....on the other days you can walk, hike, do strength training/lifting or any other activity to get that calorie burn. Your running muscles do need some recovery time as I am learning on the longer runs. I was never a runner and this is all new to me but as the 1/2, 3/4 and mile runs come I find myself wanting rest in between so I'm ready for the next step.

For the record...I still believe that you also should never feel badly about "repeating" a week or a day if you feel you aren't ready to move on :) Guess I just don't want anyone to ever feel that's a bad thing....it's soooooo much better to do a day and not finish it and repeat it again than to give up and do nothing at all :) I have had several say they have repeated weeks or days if they felt they needed it.... :)
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC PROGRAM!
    I'm currently on wk5 day 3 .
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just finishing week 4 here. I really like it and am suprised each week when I can finish without stopping. I have never been a runner but I really like this so far. I am doing all of my running outdoors. I hate the treadmill. I prefer trail running as I think it is easier on the joints than pavement but it also has uphill areas which can be less than pleasant sometimes.
    Stick with it! Hope you like it!
  • AJDistel
    AJDistel Posts: 93
    Options
    I completed this program a year ago, but had to stop my running when I had my baby. I'm back at it tho. Just finished W7D1 today. Almost there again. I definitely recommend this program to anyone who wants to run or get back into it.

I use the rundouble app on my phone when I run. It tells me when to run/walk and lets me know my distance, pace, calories burned and keeps track of my runs. Love it!!!

Good luck everyone! Please feel free to add me!
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will be doing week 2 day 2 tonight! I LOVE it. My skinny running friends kind of looked at it, like wow how easy is that! BUT... For someone like me who is over weight and never a runner, it is challenging enough to make myself need to push hard but not so hard I give up! I am VERY excited for next week. I am doing the distance version not just the timed since I want to actually run a 5k at the end and I know if I just got to half an hour I would not be fast enough to finish a 5k in that amount of time... I'm slow... But I'm doing it and you are too!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's a great program and you can do it! I was never a runner, but I've completed the C25K program and C210K program. I've gotten away from running (in the middle of Insanity right now), but when I find the time to go back, I will use the program to get back into training.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be done 3 days a week, not every day. You'll burn out if you do it every day, unless you're already a runner. Though I can't imagine most runners do this program.

Thank you. That means I've inadvertently done it twice this week so one more day left.
  • leandw
    leandw Posts: 5
    Options
    They say do it 3 times a week. I feel like at the moment being on week one I could run more than this but I'm trying to stick to the instructions haha.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Doing Week 6 Day 1 tonight!! Great program, never thought I would actually be able to jog for 20 minutes but on Sunday I did and I didn't feel like I was going to die either. Well the last two minutes were tough but I did it. You can too!!!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    They say do it 3 times a week. I feel like at the moment being on week one I could run more than this but I'm trying to stick to the instructions haha.

I felt that way at weeks 1 and 2 so I pretty much did them back to back and finished them both in week 1.
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm on W7D1. I ran for 25 entire minutes. I couldn't believe it. :smile: Good luck!
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am doing it with my sisters, I should be starting week 3 tomorrow, but my sisters fell of the wagon, so we started over. I love it so far! I am doing it 3 days a week and some other workouts 2 days a week, then just staying active on the weekends with the kids. SUper easy to be active with them, when they are 4 and 2 1/2. :)