looking for people who eat 30+ g fiber/day

Options
13»

Replies

• totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    30 grams of fiber is not a lot.... in fact its too little. i do 60 to 100g a day.

1 pear is 5g, an apple/banana/grapefruit is 3g... a small bag of baby carrots is 10g's.

really easy to eat right, get a ton of fiber and not have to supplement for it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people.

Also, important to note that you can have too much fibre also. (not just bad for flatulence :tongue:) Nutrient absorbtion can be hindered. I believe the upper range should be around 60g but it will depend on total cals and food volume also.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Also, important to note that you can have too much fibre also. (not just bad for flatulence :tongue:) Nutrient absorbtion can be hindered. I believe the upper range should be around 60g but it will depend on total cals and food volume also.

OP specifically was looking for people. I am not yet convinced that you aren't a robot or cyborg of some sort.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I regularly get over 50 g per day ( last 4 days have been vacation, not great examples). Vegetables & Fiber One cereals is where most of mine comes from
  • ambermac6976
    Options
    Have you thought of taking benifiber? It is tasteless and you can add it to any drink or even your morning coffee and it will boost your fiber for the day. You can take as much or as little as you need for your daily intake. :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

OP specifically was looking for people. I am not yet convinced that you aren't a robot or cyborg of some sort.

:laugh:

Sending this to my GF to explain the stinkyness :tongue:

fibre.JPG
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I eat fiber one cereal almost daily- the one that looks like rabbit food. 1 cup=120 calories=28 gs of fiber. Best bang for the fiber buck.
  • I usually eat ~75 grams of fiber, which is far too much. I have an insanely strong appetite, and a high daily caloric goal, so fiber adds up extremely fast. If I hit my macros and I am still hungry (most days) I eat a lot of veggies which usually puts me over my daily fiber goal (55) by a lot.

If you have trouble getting fiber in I recommend fiber 1 cereal, caramel delight is amazing, and also BSN syntha-6 protein powder is extremely good tasting, and has 6 grams of fiber per serving
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm loving the great ideas -- that smoothie sounds fantastic. I really appreciate everyone who took the time to write with suggestions. I do in fact try to avoid processed foods as much as possible (with the exception of occasional derailments, cough cough), and I'd definitely prefer to get my fiber from food than from supplements. There are some terrific suggestions in this thread, and I'm excited about seeing what my results are next week after I do some grocery shopping and start incorporating some of them.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I get up to 60 grams of fiber per day. Friend request me and you can ckeck out my diary. Pay no attention to this past weekend (Friday)... I didn't log accurately that day.

ETA: Friday is inaccurate.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    eat quest bars. get 20g of protein and at least 17g of fiber in each. currently eating the cinnamon roll kind
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of fiber one products and check out sweet potatoes and celery I think they both have a lot of fiber. I'm almost sure someone once told me to know about fiber if you freeze it and it still looks basically the same it has a high content of fiber. (fruit and veggies, not processed foods or meats).

The fiber one chocolate cereal hits the spot when i want a candy bar or junk food.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fiber other than just from my fruits/veggies. Quest bars, Benefiber in my protein shakes, and Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars(120 cals, 9 grams fiber) are all my go-tos.
  • GKoz004
    GKoz004 Posts: 87
    Options
    One time I ate like 8 quest bars in a day and it felt like birthing an Alien... honestly, I rather just eat yogurt and cottage cheese. I haven't found fiber intrinsically better than just getting healthy bacteria and foods with digestive enzymes like bananas.
    ahahaha I've had a similar experience with the Fiber One brownies. They were so good but then I realized...FIBER One. That on top of my pretty fiber-rich diet was a big whoopsies.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    Most days I am between 25 and 31 grams of fiber. On top of the obvious fiber I get from fruit and vegetables (including an apple a day- 3 grams of fiber), I also eat a Fiber One bar almost every single day- I get the chocolate peanut butter ones to curb my sweet tooth and they have 140 calories and 9 grams of fiber- it's a great, filling afternoon snack.

On salads I eat 1/4 cup kidney beans and 1/4 cup garbanzo beans. It's a great way to make salads more filling and adds even more fiber (3 grams of fiber for 1/4 cup gabanzo beans, 4 grams for 1/4 cup kidney beans.)

I make a great low fat black bean chili that has 5 grams of fiber and 150 calories per cup. I make a big batch at least once a month. Generally I eat 2 cups for dinner or lunch, so I am getting 10 grams of fiber in one meal.

I also like incorporating some of the following into my daily food for upping fiber:

Oroweat Double Fiber English muffins- 110 calories and 8 grams of fat.
    La Tortilla Factory "Smart and Delicious" tortillas- 80 calories, 9 grams of fiber
    Flatout Light flatbread- 90 calories, 9 grams of fat
    avocado- one medium has 250 calories, 10 grams of fiber
    edamame- 1/2 cup has 120 calories, 6 grams of fiber
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I didn't realize that edamame are high in fiber...excellent!
  • thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I routinely get 30+a day, without any thought

Feel free to look at my diary.