1 stone in 1 month

Options
ok so i go back to uni in a month and i want to loose 1 stone in one month, i will have 3 meals a day still, is there a healthy way to loose one stone in a month or shall i just exercise like mad??

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    a stone = ?????
    you english folks on here confuse me with your kilos and stones....
    LOL
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    Do it the healthy way,
    Eat sensibly (do the whole chew slowly and stop eating when full - not at the end of the meal).
    Don't eat junk food/processed food/sugary snacks if you can avoid them!
    Don't drink alcohol, it slows down your metabolism. If you HAVE TO try Spritzers or vodka & Diet coke/lemonade.
    Drink LOTS and LOTS of water, it flushes out you're system and stops water retention.
    Excersise like mad. Try to do some every day. Try not eating your excersise calories if that works for you?

Good luck. =)

Also, as you are saying "back" to uni, you seem like the perfect person to ask. Is it possable to stay on track/lose weight and be healthy in your first year (and still make friends), or will it be purely drinking that people make friends through?
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    a stone = ?????
    you english folks on here confuse me with your kilos and stones....
    LOL

A stone = 14lbs
    OR
    about 6.35 KG.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I need a translation. I never remember how much a stone is! So it's hard to say if it's reasonable. However, Becky_Boop's advice is good. Just keep on doing what got you to lose the weight you've lost so far. And remember, if you don't quite lose it before you go back to school, it IS still possible to work on it while you're there (though I know it is harder).
  • sharnie_007
    Options
    you dont have to drink at uni .. in my first year i didnt drink anything and i made lots of friends, try and get involved in as many clubs as you can, ive met hundreds of people that way, you can eat healthy at uni but it is VERY difficult, partly because you go out with your mates alot and grab convenience food or you have takeaways alot.
    as i said in my first year i didnt drink, but in my second year i drank quite a bit and have put on two stone.
    dont worry if you dont like to drink though, you wont be the only one who doesnt like alcohol. but whats to stop you going out anyways, just drink water , no one will care :)
    if you dont like pubs just join clubs and societies!! theres hundreds of them and you will have a great time!!
    thanks for your advice.. its my birthday next week so i intend on starting in a week and a half ad dietin hard core until i go back!!
  • shipleyak
    shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You could always do what I plan on doing when I go back to school. A may not be as much fun as going to eat with your friends but I am going to take snack food to fill me up all day. When I do go out with friends, I won't be as hungry and can avoid the temptation easier.