Anybody start p90x May 13, 2013? Need help stickin' to it!

Options
Egodogg
Egodogg Posts: 10 Member
I started last Monday (fourth time starting in the past 4 years or so, but I never completed the program). I was hoping there might be some people out there that started the same time as me, so we can monitor each other's diary's and help motivate each other. The previous 3 times I tried p90x, i didn't follow the nutrition plan. I dieted, but didn't know the extremes they expected. This time around, I'm trying to match the 50/30/20 for Protein / Carbs / Fat for phase one, and adjusting as I go along. I'm not following the nutritional plan to a T, but I am fighting to match those ratios, which is probably the most important part.

Hopefully there's others that can join me!
Thanks,
Mike

Replies

• laurar428
    laurar428 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 of P90X and I am following the Lean schedule to lose weight. Feel free to add me if you like!!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I completed the workout portion but never did anything with the nutrition part. I have the small problem of "I don't eat fish. Period." Seafood I'm good with, but not fish...
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the p90x/insanity hybrid. We're on week 4. My macros are set for 35/40/25 carbs/protein/fats. I don't really follow their nutritional guides either.
  • Egodogg
    Options
    Laura, is this your first time doing p90x?

Bekah, I like seafood, not a big fish eater, either. My fiance doesn't eat any fish / seafood whatsoever, so getting protein through those means are very minimal for me, anyways. Haha.

Michele, Also, is it your first time going through the program? Any luck with those ratios?
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 38 of P90X. Just joined the group called P90X/Insanity Gamechangers. You should join, too! The coach's name is Shawn Muth. See you over there!
  • robertcook34
    Options
    I just started P90X yesterday (5/20) so I am a week behind you. This is my first time and I am hoping I can stick to it. I am not planning to follow the nutrition plan and just monitor what I eat on my own. Feel free to add me. And I will check out the P90X/Insanity Game changers group!
  • Egodogg
    Options
    I'm also going to check out that group. I hate to be that person, but the hardest part of the workout has to be finding the time. I need to get up at 6:30 / 7 for work. Doing it before work just isn't going to work. It's hard enough getting up for work the way it is. I usually get home around 6:00 and try to do the workouts then (yesterday I wasn't able to get to it until 10:00 at night), but some days I'm able to run home and do the ab ripper at lunch to cut down the time needed later.

Hardest to Easiest in my opinion:
    1. Finding the time
    2. Following the nutritional plan
    3. The workouts, themselves (and they're definitely not easy!)
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you on finding the time! In fact, my schedule got so bogged down that I ended up getting the Tony Horton 10-Minute Trainers. I can usually do one of those each morning, and then I snag one or two others as I can throughout the day. I have them digitized onto my iPhone so I can still do them even if I'm not home. It's tough! Hang in there!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I started round 2 of P90X at the end of April. I followed the nutrition plan the first time but am not this time. Finding time is hard so I just get up at 5 AM to do it. It's tough but I like getting it done first thing.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started my 5th round on May 13th. Will be glad to help hold you accountable.
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i need to do p90x......really really bad

i need motivation, and time to do p90x.....about how long does a session last, an hour?
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm starting p90x on June 17th. :) (a few days after i finish insanity) :)
  • Egodogg
    Options
    i need to do p90x......really really bad

i need motivation, and time to do p90x.....about how long does a session last, an hour?

That depends on the program you chose. If you choose the Lean Program, I am going to assume (i'm always told never assume) that you don't have to do the ab ripper program. So as long as you're not pausing frequently, they are all about an hour a piece (minus yoga, which is 1.5 hours I think).
  • Egodogg
    Options
    I started my 5th round on May 13th. Will be glad to help hold you accountable.

Thanks Brad, and everyone else that's been encouraging so far!
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started on may 13th also, I tried at the beginning of the year (new years resolution) but we had terrible weather and training in a garage with snow proved too much and I stopped a few weeks short!
    I did follow the nutrition (macros) at least!

I restarted on 13th may like yourself and Bradhall.
    Feel free to add me as having people on the same program and same dates really helps!
    Dig deep!