Runners - What Kind of Earbuds do you use?

Options
13»

Replies

• DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Klipsch. I'm not sure of the model number since I got them about 3 years ago. Those suckers stay put no matter what I'm doing!
  • rward007
    rward007 Posts: 32
    Options
    I use Shure SE215s ($100), they are really comfortable, won't fall out, and sound great. Technically they are not sweat proof, but I've ran a half marathon in mine with no issue, but ears don't sweat much (not in my case at least). They're sound isolating, so they cut about 30db from outside noise, maybe not the best for when you're on the road, but hasn't been too much of a problem for me.
  • kpenn010
    kpenn010 Posts: 5
    Options
    OK I am heading to Target to get me a pair of these Yurbuds!! I hate when mine fall out during a workout/run!! Thanks for the info everyone!!
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use my Earpods with a beanie hat that keeps them in, but it's too early to tell how they'll hold up.

Ones that hook over the ear usually make too much noise from the vibrations, the ones that go in the ear canal usually make me feel odd (not enough outside noise plus sweat always seems to get in), and I've not had much luck with the ones that wrap around the back of the neck (went through 3 Sennheiser ones that all died in one ear and then the other).
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Do you run on a treadmill or outside? I run outside and found that not using headphones at all is my favorite. I, too, got tired of trying to fit the headphones back in constantly. I just play my music on my phone while I run and skip the headphones. I couldn't do this on a treadmill though, obviously, because it would be distracting to other gym-goers.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds. Best headphones ever. They're basically made for working out.

YES

I have these specific ones: http://tinyurl.com/mbmb7qt

Tested them out doing my first half marathon. Those suckers didn't budge.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EIVL74/ref=oh_details_o07_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I LOVE these! Had them for a few months now. My ears are really tiny so I have to use the small and they fit very snuggly into my ears. And the sound is awesome. Worth the money
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yurbuds---they reallly DO stay in!!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Most people don't like using neckband headphones, but I use this "Sennheiser PMX 685i In-Ear Neckband Sports Headphones" and regardless if I am running in the rain or doing some crazy workout, they don't move and never short out. I would prefer to have ones that just wrap around my ears, but I have yet to find any that are as good as this set AND fit comfortably without falling out or pinch my ear.

I've had these in my amazon cart for a couple of weeks. I like my senneheiser over-the-ear headphones which is what I've been doing, as I don't usually have luck with earbuds and I generally don't like having them stuffed in my ears. The only problem with my over the ear headphones is I can't run in the rain. So I'll try the neckband style and see how they do. I'm glad to hear that they work for you - makes me feel better about buying them now.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like my Apple earbuds the best... they fit in my ears the best.

Since that's the case, why not slip a sweatband on and wear it over your ear buds... I can't help with fit issues... but I also use the Jaybird Freedom bluetooth earbuds. Wireless is so nice when running or working out!!
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    these aren't ear buds but def try these....I have tried everything, and i mean EVERYTHING out there. Ear buds dont stay in my ears so these are the best for running. I even wear a baseball cap over them as well and they are still comfy. And only 17 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005N6KG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    YURBUTS are awesome, they stay in my ears while running and the sound is great !
  • alfmaster
    alfmaster Posts: 29
    Options
    I swear by my Sennheiser sport earbuds that I bought because of the constant falling out of the other types of earbuds and the quick deterioration of them. They use a little "clip" that holds on the curvature of your ear. They are sweat and water resistant which I need in Florida (high heat/humidity in the summer and sudden downpours).

Use them with great success for my marathons and half marathons with no falling out!