Insanity

Options
So....I'm on day 3 of insanity and I already feel like quitting. If anyone is doing insanity right now and wants to support and motivate each other add me!

Replies

• chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is a very tough program, but good job girl on getting started on it, the first week is the hardest!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 .... holy buckets! Friends doing Insanity would be helpful, I think.
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Honestly my dear dont quit! Do what I am doing and work it around your life... not work your life around it. :) You will like the results believe me. If you want to add me then please do. I am on week 3. :-)
  • ABROOKS225
    ABROOKS225 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Hip Hop ABS now and it's been a challenge. I want to start Insanity once I drop about 20 more lbs. Everyone says it is extremely difficult. You can do! Keep going! Just imagine how great you will look and feel when it's over!!!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I did it. I hated it. That program is not for me. I got good results though! Stick with it but if you end up hating it that's okay too. That style of training isn't for everyone. (Repetitive-ugh) I'm doing turbo fire now and it is a freaking blast! I don't even feel like I'm "working out" and I burn more calories than I did in insanity. Good luck pushing though! It DOES get easier!
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 of Insanity (recovery week) and will be starting month 2 in about 5 days.. I will be honest with you, I wanted to quit within the first week too. It's tough and it is a real challenge, however please please please stick with it. I have not had amazing results thus far like in the infomercials, however my performance has gotten incredible. I have much better endurance and I know in month two I will begin to see a bit more of the result side of it. Don't quit, you'll thank yourself once you are heading into month two.
  • skyharris1
    skyharris1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to chat to people on insanity I am loving it, great results, hard work!!
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I DID Day two this morning
    omg that stuff is crazy it deff fits the name insanity for a reason
    Im very ecxited abouit it and scared to fail

dont quit lets do it:flowerforyou:
  • MWAWMOM
    MWAWMOM Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on week 3 of Insanity and it is hard, but it does get easier after the first week! Try to make it to week two and see if it is better for you, but if you still don't like it maybe try a different video :) I will say at this point I have lost an inch from each thigh and hips and two inches from my waist! And of course my husband has lost more than that already so it definitely works! Good Luck!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Honestly my dear dont quit! Do what I am doing and work it around your life... not work your life around it. :) You will like the results believe me. If you want to add me then please do. I am on week 3. :-)

I agree with this. I am doing Insanity just not every day, no time to! BUT i'm still seeing massive differences with my body and endurance. Stick with it!x
  • caravangirl
    caravangirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started week three. I'm loving it but can't for the life of me do a push up yet!!!:mad:
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Just started week three. I'm loving it but can't for the life of me do a push up yet!!!:mad:

I start practicing them on my bathroom counter.. I held the edge and put my body at an angle and did them that way.. I could feel it in my arms..I did this every night while I waited for my shower to get hot. I think it helped me some now I can do them..not alot maybe 10-12 but I can do them..
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 of Insanity (recovery week) and will be starting month 2 in about 5 days.. I will be honest with you, I wanted to quit within the first week too. It's tough and it is a real challenge, however please please please stick with it. I have not had amazing results thus far like in the infomercials, however my performance has gotten incredible. I have much better endurance and I know in month two I will begin to see a bit more of the result side of it. Don't quit, you'll thank yourself once you are heading into month two.

Month 2, at least for me, was when I started losing pounds and seeing results. I actually gained weight the first month on a calorie deficit, then it started to drop off during the second month. The calorie burns and the longer workouts will really hit your core and that's when you'll see results.

edit: For those folks that can't do pushups, I don't know I would move to the second month. A few of the second month workouts have you doing 16 pushups at a time.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    yeah but you can do modified push ups or just do as many as you can.. I can only 10 of the 16 most of the time so I do extra plank runs...there are ways to keep going.
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Month 2, at least for me, was when I started losing pounds and seeing results. I actually gained weight the first month on a calorie deficit, then it started to drop off during the second month. The calorie burns and the longer workouts will really hit your core and that's when you'll see results.

edit: For those folks that can't do pushups, I don't know I would move to the second month. A few of the second month workouts have you doing 16 pushups at a time.

Thanks! I have heard that. I actually gained 5 pounds too, so you can imagine I am wanting my recovery week to speed by so I can get into month two and begin to see those darn results. I am super amped for it! I am so glad I didn't quit when I wanted to in the beginning of the program!
  • tnmoss
    tnmoss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I completed the Fit Test. I hope I stick with this! :smile:
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    All insanitt people feel free to add me! I personally love the program :p
  • tnmoss
    tnmoss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit! I am so out of shape. :sick:
  • iTorr3s
    iTorr3s Posts: 13
    Options
    I just finished Week 3: Day 6 and tomorrow is my off day. Many ppl don't get results quick. It usually comes around month 2. So far I've been the lucky few to see results fast but then again my wife is a chef so she cooks all of my meals for me. So that helps a lot. So far I have loss 8 pounds and went down a size (from 36 to 34) in boxers, shorts, and pants. This is all in the first 3 weeks. I say stick with it you can do it. Just remember to eat healthy and drink plenty of water. Anyone on here can add me if you like. I'm always on.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I myself am addicted to Insanity. So much that if I see the commercial on TV, I usually end up sitting and watching it until its over. I LOVE the workout. Let's just hope I feel the same way while doing month 2.

I am starting month 2 today. I typically haven't taken any days off but lately I have had other things going on and have had to. I've been off the last 3 days so I'm anxious to get started back u again. Feel free to add me if you want.