Insanity... has anyone done it?

Options

Replies

• tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi, I've just heard about this insanity workout... just wondered if anyone has done it and if they got good results.

As much info as you can pretty please :happy:

It can be tough on the joints at first until you get your flow going but it works. I finished it and the results were impressive. It doesn't seem like it's really for weight loss but more for re-sculpting your physique. Your endurance will go through the roof if you stick to it.

Definitely worth it. It worked great for me.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 34 days in.... and start month 2 saturday!!! but.... from what I have been told my this lady at work, "OMG! You look like you have lost weight? What are you doing?" and I mentioned I was 30 days into insanity and she was like "OMG! only 30 days?!! You look GREAT!"

:)

definitely worth a try!
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you ask this question I want to start it in July I won't have time to commit before then and I am trying to get my shoulder in good working order before I start a major insane workout like this. I am somewhat scared from the post that the weight didn't drop as well as the inches but I'm sure that will be fine once I see improvement in the inches.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. It is really hard but you will start to see changes in your body and measurements within the first 2 weeks. It's pretty rough on the joints but other than that I had no issues with it. Shaun T is very motivating and you feel like you've accomplished something after each workout. It's not an insane weight loss tool, but inches will definitely be lost! I plan to do it myself here after I'm done with Jillian Michael's BR. I highly recommend it. Good luck!
  • stargirlsarah
    stargirlsarah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am looking to start Insanity next week--- it would be awesome if we started a little support group and all started together! :p
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I'm looking at getting the DVDs for next week... thank you everyone for your comments its a great help. Can you do this alongside other exercise?

I do have a goal weight but its much more about the size clothes I want to be in / size of the wedding dress I buy.
  • latinagurl007
    Options
    I just got my DVDs... I'll be starting on Monday!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Completed it last summer but gained the weight back when I gave up my WLJ for several reasons. Anyway, I'm in phase 2 of it again now, so I have 3 weeks and 1 days left to go to complete again. :) Down 9.7 lbs so far, 21" gone, and about 2.5% BF melted off forever!!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Meh did it, good for burning cals, but it's not fun... I'll stick with weights, much more intense
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes...it's hard work, high impact cardio but goood results. You will be SOOOORE....so make sure you have good protein intake for muscle recovery. My calves and butt would all but kill me the next day after working out.....I'm starting over again next week since I didn't finish my first round.
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    Loving all these responses. Looking forward to the morning burn :) I strangly love that feeling... Means I've earnt :). Any more stories?
  • mfleeg
    Options
    My story was -- when I took the fit test, i was like "What have I gotten myself into?" In fact, someone who was supposed to start the program with me also bought the program to do at home and quit right after the fit test! You can do it!!!!

some of the things that i hated at first (jumping jack pushups), I started by doing the movement in a plank position until i felt comfortable enough to add in the pushup part. :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3. I shied from doing it for a long time. So glad, I finally took the plunge.
  • danime4ever
    Options
    i know this isnt much but i started week 2 two days ago and its hard...its hard for me to keep up at times but i try my best and i lose 3 Ibs so far
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm on Day 9. It is the hardest workout I have ever done consistently (including training for a half marathon). But I will say it has been so rewarding. In 9 days I have lost 2 pounds and my clothes are looser already. I feel so accomplished after every workout so it makes it all worth it. And my cheering squad is amazing too. I could not have gotten this far it without the support on MFP!!! I have a friend exactly one week ahead of me...and another who is a month in...and another who is 70+ days into P90X. It really motivates me to see where I could be in a week...month...3 months...as long as I push through and stick to it.
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is taken from my post about 2 months ago. I'm doing round 2 now.

I did not follow the nutritional guide but set my calorie goal to TDEE -20% and made sure i was hitting my macros which i set at 40, 30, 30. I also got some Reflex Diet Protein, Amino X, a good multi vitamin, super strength glucosamine sulphate and Omega 3,6 & 9 pilss. I took these everyday.

Going into it i had no idea of what i would achieve weight loss wise. I've always had a goal weight in mind but after reading so many reviews on Insanity decided that the number on the scales would become secondary. I took the horrible before photos, mesured myself and got to it.

I started to notice changes after about 2 weeks not much movement on the scales just in the mirror. This really motivated me to push through even on the days i didn't feel like it.

All of a sudden i had completed 1 month and was feeling fantastic. I decided on taking some progress photos and this time i wasn't as worried as i could feel myself changing. Progress pics are one of the best ways to keep you motivated and see how far you have come. I also took measurements and was very happy with them all going down. I also felt alot stronger, i was finally able to do some press ups!!

So into month 2 i went and i won't lie i was slightly worries as every session had the word MAX in it. I think the first day was an hour session so quite different from month 1 but as Shaun says go at your own pace and take breaks when needed. I was looking forward to each session as i wanted to do better than the time before. One of the main things i noticed was my hunger, you really need to make sure you eat enough to get you through the sessions.

My clothes started to feel too big and dresses i couldn't wear before now fit me. I was getting very excited. Going into my last week it was weird, i was feeling rather emotional and proud that i had stuck to this. I had such determination to finish it, i wanted that INSANITY T.SHIRT.

The after photos felt great to take, i'm really happy with the changes i have made to my body:

Fitt test results 1st and final:

Switch Kicks (2 kicks=1 Rep): 37 - 54 UP: 17

Power Jacks: 38 - 53 UP: 15

Power Knees: 70 - 111 UP: 41

Power Jumps: I had to cancel these as my knees couldn't take the landing.

Globe Jumps: 7 - 11 UP: 4

Suicide Jumps: 8 - 15 UP: 7

Push Up Jacks: 0 - 20 UP: 20

Low Plank Oblique: 20 - 45 UP: 25

Very happy with how much better i have done in just 63 days!:)

Onto my measurements:

Weight i have lost 9lbs

Muscle Mass: UP 0.5%

Body Fat: DOWN 2%

Waist:

Widest: 2.7 inches

Navel: 1.5 inch

Smallest: 2.7 inches

Thighs: 1.2 inches each

Arms: 0.5 inches each

Under Bust: 1.2 inch

Around Bust: 0.8 inch

Finally onto the Photos!!

3501bpg.jpg

29111r4.jpg

j8faxx.jpg

Finally i want to say a huge thank you to my OH Tony (tikitony13) for supporting through my 63 days of Insanity and always encouraging me to continue and complete it. Also to my MFP friends you guys have been amazing and have motivated me all the way, i couldn't have done it without you lot.

Onto my new fitness plan i go......

Thanks
    Jo

You are awesome!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mfleeg
    Options
    Today, I was walking to the printer at work and a lady said to me, "Michelle, you just keep losing weight. What does your boyfriend say about it?" I mentioned he doesn't say anything about it.... then she said, I should hit him in the face next time :) I laughed and said my jabs are getting a little better from Insanity, too. :)
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    I love hearing all these insanity stories... I think I'm starting Monday if I get it by then. I'm feeling poorly so been rubbish on exercise front as struggling to get up the stairs not alone anything strenuous. Hoping it clears by Monday as I really want to start it. I've managed to recruit my partner and a good friend so it should be interesting =)...
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I didn't add any stories to my post.....

Day 1 fit test I asked myself "WHY am I voluntarily doing this AGAIN?!" O_O haha

When phase 2 started I wanted to cry, or throw up, or pass out...or some combo of the 3. The 3 days after the first workout in phase 2 was the only time I got sore. I hardly ever get sore so that was a badge of honor for me :)

And yesterday (day 47) Was Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs - but if you have the deluxe set you can sub the Insane Abs for Cardio Abs. It was my brilliant idea to do the substitution for last night and my guy LET me. WTF was he thinking?!?! It was hard...but I liked it.

There have been several days of cussing at the TV (as if Shaun T can hear my expletives I throw at him telling him where he can shove that particular move). Buckets of sweat, some aches and pains, and noodle muscles that want to buckle when you try to use them. But every single moment of Insanity has been a challenge that is bringing me closer to my fitness goals. :love:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm now on day 4 of Month 2, month 2 is HAAAARRDDDD!!! Some of the moves are really awkward and weighing 195lbs doesn't help when trying to do these explosive moves. But I'm trying and finishing each workout with amazing calories burned, plus my muscles are sore so it's definitly toning me up :) I did Max Cardio Conditioning yesterday and literally called Shaun T a jerk during the workout, haha. Oh and in the first workout of month 2 Max Interval Circuit he says "I do this because I like killing people" um...I don't doubt that with the moves he comes up with for these DVDs!