Cardio/Zumba w/heal spur

Options
Sugarbeat
Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
Does anyone here do cardio, specifically Zumba, with a heal spur? I was recently diagnosed but really like Zumba. That and walking are about the only two exercises I either enjoy or can fit into the rest of my life fairly easily. Has anyone else managed? I thought if I tried with the special insoles and modified the moves so I wasn't jumping I could maybe make it work. Just looking for some been-there-done-that insight. Note: I haven't started up again yet. My company offers Zumba classes for almost nothing and the next class doesn't start until next month.

Replies

• Meecro128
    Meecro128 Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't have heal spurs but plantar faciitis problems, which leads to horrible heal pain when I put weight on that foot, and when I had special insoles made for my feet my heel pain went mostly away after a week of rest and have been able to do zumba and other exercise without a problem. I haven't modified anything I do.

I think it's just important for you to not over do it if it's causing you pain, and best I'd talk to your doctor before you start doing any new exercise to see if there are some things that may be better to do with that problem.

Edit: if you don't have insoles yet, I'd try them and try resting for a couple of days and see if the pain subsides and if the insoles are helping provide proper support while you're just walking before adding too much more strain on your feet.