introduce your self

Options
Hello, i am new to this. I need motivation and support. Feel free to add me. I can help you too

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Welcome you and anyone else feel free to add me :)
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree! Hi...i'm Rob...feel free to say hello and shoot me an add!!! The more the merrier!
  • mandlebrot
    mandlebrot Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lauren in Denver. Been tracking my weightloss since September on a different app, but I've heard great things about this site, and I want to take advantage of the community aspect of it. Joined today, and I'm going to try and keep up with the message boards to get new exercise tips!

What I'm doing, now:
    JM 30 Day Shred - Level 1 (Day 3! Yay!)
  • crankyangel76
    crankyangel76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Christy from Virginia, originally, Georgia. I am a mother of 3 and need to lose about 50lbs. I love this site as it is so accurate and helpful in keeping up with the nutrician information for me. I also love to workout and have a FaceBook challenge group that starts June 1 for the ladies only, that offers support, motivation, advice, and accountability, (free). It is a closed group so we can post our sweaty mug pics. Feel free to message me if interested. I also have a group that I just started on here (Christy's Challenge Group) that will not include as much fitness inspiration. Please add me as a friend, join my group on here, or message me about the Facebook Challenge group and join me on my fitness journey to becoming a smaller, healthier ME!
  • johanna123456
    Options
    helloo :)
  • Julialikesu
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Julia! I am a busy woman with no kids, but want to lose about 50 pounds. I need people to stay on me to make sure that I stay on track with logging food and exercising!

I am also working on writing a book and blog relatively frequently!

Please feel free to add me to keep me in check!
  • Sarah032489
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sarah. Nice to meet you!
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    feel free to add me the more friends the merrier. :D
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone!! My name is Nikki. I'm 25 and from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I'm 5 ft 8 (perfect height for a model - totally love to do modelling!) and with regards to weight I'm too scared to go near the scales. However, tomorrow morning I'm determined to change that.

I work as a reservationist - so sitting at a desk Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. Typical office job! I cycle to work back and forth Monday to Friday. This totals to 40 minutes of vigorous cycling each day. As well as that I have my own rower at home which I would spend 30 minutes rowing on. I'm attempting to row each night - it's hard sometimes when I come home just after cycling but it's all about the determination and the results. I'm also cautious of what I eat but I do allow myself a treat day.

I actually used to be very overweight. I joined a gym and even though the instructors give you an exercise routine I ended up just doing what I felt comfortable both in cardio and weight training. I lost 3 stone through this. I couldn't believe it. Alot of it was down to changes in my diet though. Eventually I stopped going to the gym. I thought to myself "why am I paying for this when I can do my own exercise at home?!" So I got myself a weight set and a rower. I thought a rower was best as it works all over the body. I had an accident 7 years ago, where I got run over by a car, and I sometimes have problems with my leg. So running isn't for me although I wish I could.

Apart from the above, I have a little Yorkshire Terrier called Cho and she's my little princess. I also enjoy gaming such as PC games, Xbox and even board games! I love to paint miniature models such as Warhammer models. Yep.. you guessed it, I'm a geek! Love movies and any movie that is comic-related. I can describe my personality as fun, bubbly, eccentric and incredibly random.

Lovely to meet you all and so glad to see everyone here is helping one another stay motivated :) Alot of the stories on this site are inspiring. So thank you and a very big well done to every single one of you <3
  • mdabdul
    mdabdul Posts: 2
    Options
    tadaaaaa! hellow
  • simplyamandak
    Options
    Hello! I actually just wrote a post on here so will use what I said there to introduce myself here :smile:

I'm 28 and currently live in Los Angeles. I never had any issues with weight because I had a job that required me to be on my feet 8-10 hours a day, perform heavy lifting and go up and down stairs a lot. I also biked to and from work and for fun. Because of my highly active lifestyle, I was able to eat whatever I wanted. I once even had a pie eating contest with myself. However, after living in LA for a few years and taking on an office job a year ago, I gained a bit over 20 pounds. After trying and failing to shake this excess weight for about ten months, I decided to try MFP and have loved it so far.

While weight loss was my original goal, I now decided I'd rather have measurement goals. Those jeans I used to be able to take off without unbuttoning now give me a mean muffin top (before starting MFP, I couldn't even button them). I LOVE bicycling and dancing and am slowing getting into running, HIIT and weight training. I have trouble with consistency and that has been my number one obstacle to getting back into shape. I'm also a vegetarian working towards vegan. I live with my boyfriend who is very supportive of my fitness goals but still likes to eat a pint of ice cream in front of me, wants to eat burgers (yuck) or tacos for every meal and have snack food lying about the house.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in everyday except the weekends.

Best of luck,
    -Amanda
  • mandlebrot
    mandlebrot Posts: 2
    Options
    Where's your blog?