PICS! 43 lbs down with PCOS & Broken Foot!

Options
When I started my weight loss journey July 1st of last year to get in shape for my sister's wedding, I never truly believed in myself or that I could ever be "skinny" <-- whatever that really means.

Almost 11 months later, I am smaller than I have ever been in my life since I can remember growing up. I have struggled with PCOS my whole life but was diagnosed back in 2007/2008. Making it harder to lose weight, it was a vicious cycle of trying to lose weight, being unsuccessful, hating it, and gaining more weight. On top of everything this year, I had a stress fracture that kept me from doing my favorite activity (running) for 4 months, but I still kept at it!

I am happier, healthy, and looking forward to the new life style I have adopted. Am maybe trying to lose 15-20 more!

Many thanks for the support along the way and feel free to add me! Always need more inspiration! :)

bad_zps2f762829.jpg

bad2_zps3e3de9d3.jpg

good_zps635f52d3.jpg

2ee0812b-21ef-4ef0-a137-2ff8902c9846_zpsba4cb294.jpg

92de7787-5e43-4c4f-a23c-75388e4db14b_zps18ee48d6.jpg

Replies

• nnelson33
    nnelson33 Posts: 101
    Options
    shoot I don't know how to resize some of the photos.. so some got cut off! Sorry!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You look great, really healthy and happy. Well done!
  • missgen83
    missgen83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you low carb? I have PCOS too, and I am finding it difficult to lose weight this time around. My usual calorie counting/ exercise just isn't cutting it, but I really have the hardest time low carbing. Congrats on your success!! You look amazing, and you are a definite inspiration for me!
  • nnelson33
    Options
    I didn't do low carb in the beginning until I met with a trainer who encouraged clean eating. I don't carb count but I avoid all bread, rice, and pasta, and only have one piece of fruit a day.

It's been a transition for sure and I still love carbs but I just try not to have them be in my daily diet. Lean protein has been my best friend!
  • echippendale
    Options
    you have done brilliant hun, you look in great shape. i was diagnosed with pcos in 2012, im finally getting to a healthy weight again. youve done so well to keep to a good weight considering your broken foot. x
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You look great and I love the heavy fringe!! Frames your face very nicely!!
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    You look so goood!!! :) good job!!
  • nnelson33
    Options
    thanks girls!!
  • sararab
    sararab Posts: 2
    Options
    you're gorgeous! well done! :)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You're shrinking!!

Congrats on your success despite your obstacles. I'm sure you get told this every day, but you are one BEAUTIFUL woman!! Holy cow!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I didn't do low carb in the beginning until I met with a trainer who encouraged clean eating. I don't carb count but I avoid all bread, rice, and pasta, and only have one piece of fruit a day.

It's been a transition for sure and I still love carbs but I just try not to have them be in my daily diet. Lean protein has been my best friend!

good to know!

Great job and thanks for posting
  • nnelson33
    Options
    also looking for advice from other PCOS'ers. I've started to hit a plateau and looking for inspiration to change my diet!
  • nnelson33
    Options
    You're shrinking!!

Congrats on your success despite your obstacles. I'm sure you get told this every day, but you are one BEAUTIFUL woman!! Holy cow!

Thank you! You are too kind :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You look younger!
  • CarleyJx
    CarleyJx Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow amazing, well done! X
  • nnelson33
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Inspiring to see someone else with PCOS succeed...awesome job and I love the hair!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    You look amazing! Awesome job!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I think you've done a fantastic job! Way to not let "problems" deter you from your goals. I really admire you for this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!