Meal Help! - High Protein and Stacked with Veggies

Options
julialdr
julialdr Posts: 100 Member
I've been having a hard time lately getting enough protein (aiming for 120g) and still eating a diet with lots of veggies. I try to stick a handful of spinach into most recipes but would love any ideas you have for high protein meals with lots of veggies (pref not starchy ones likes potatoes).

Thanks!

Replies

• Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    120g should be pretty easy to achieve even along side large portions of veggies.

If you're a spinach girl, try mixing a package of Chunk Light tuna with your spinach, seasoned to taste. (Thats about 20-22g)

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - Broiled (31g Protein per 100g peice of chicken) cut up and toss with favorite veggies

Eggs (because eggs are awesome) mix with peppers, zucchini, or veggie of choice.

Tilapia or Salmon - Mixed with Spinach or Broccoli (yum)

Ground Turkey (more lean the better) + Sliced Veggies however you like them.

Just some ideas Julia
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup: Cut up chicken breast in chicken broth with butternut squash and/or cauliflower, celery, and carrots. Pan sear salmon and put over "wilted" spinach (mildly steamed with a little garlic or lemon juice) and sprinkle with balsamic cream (which is just reduced balsamic vinegar). Grilled chicken on a salad. Roasted chicken with broccoli. Chicken teriyaki over steamed vegetables (use a bag of cole slaw cabbage or broccoli slaw and steam it with shredded carrots, cut up celery, and water chestnuts) or wrap the chicken terriaki and water chestnuts in lettuce leaves and top with peanuts and shredded carrots. Scrambled eggs - one egg with 3 egg whites and add; broccoli with cheddar cheese, spinach and reduced feta, turkey ham and onions and mushrooms, asparagus and Monterey jack cheese. Hummus with salted tomatoes, salted cucumbers, celery and carrots. Spaghetti sauce with chicken sausage and cut up zucchini, or spaghetti squash. I always cook mushrooms and onions with any chicken dish in the same pan and eat them with the chicken. Hope some of these are things you'd try. Good luck!
  • peeberoni
    peeberoni Posts: 4
    Options
    Also, consider snacking on high protein items too. Almonds, cottage cheese, string cheese, greek yogurt, etc are good healthy options. I find a great way to boost daily protein intake and help my body burn fat during the night is to have a protein shake before bed. Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey is an excellent choice.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    *bump*