Good Support Sports bra with no 'Uniboob' look

Options
Yooperm35
Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions? Still rather large on top and need good support, but hate that one-boob-in-the-middle look. HELP!

Replies

• mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    Victoria secret VSX maximum support. Lifts and separates. I use it for all exercises: weight lifting, running, HIIT etc.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    victories secret is rubbish. LOL

I actually use some from wal-mart that are great. Hysterially they look ridiculous- like 0 support- but I'm a D and I love them- they have a front closure and a deep plunge essentially - straps each one down to each side- no uni boob- can take shirt off and look good too :D

Get one with under wire and separate cups- or at least foam molded separate cups.
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    check:
    http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/best-sports-bras-every-body-type

Victoria Secret VSX is listed

I workout 6-7 days/ wk several hours a day doing high intensive workouts. This is the only bra I swear by.
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD-E and have the same problem with my Nike ones. lol
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I make sure to buy ones that have cups to prevent the uni-boob look. I'm not very large chested so I can't suggest brands for you. A side note....I treat them as I do my regular bras. I always wash mine in a lingerie bag and never put them in the dryer.
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recently got a Shock Absorber brand bra and I like it alot. I'm a C/D and it separates the ladies while supporting them during a jog.
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im a DDD and Enell bras are the only things that work
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    HH cup and i like the panache sports bra.

not as much of a uniboob as Enell and it still gives excellent support, even when i'm sprinting
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that WANTS a uniboob when exercising? I'm not out looking for a hook up so don't care if I have the girls lifted and separated.
    I want those babies smashed down as flat as possible and not moving at all so I shop for serious compression bras.

After losing 75 pounds and going from a 40DD down to a 36A/B I'm in love with my Moving Comfort "Rebound Racer" model.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that WANTS a uniboob when exercising? I'm not out looking for a hook up so don't care if I have the girls lifted and separated.
    I want those babies smashed down as flat as possible and not moving at all so I shop for serious compression bras.

After losing 75 pounds and going from a 40DD down to a 36A/B I'm in love with my Moving Comfort "Rebound Racer" model.

the sweat between smooshed HH cups is ridic. not to mention the amount of top overflow : smooshing stuff down flatter in the middle leads to DD cups worth over top cleavage for me, almost to the point where a crew neck was too low cut :laugh:
  • respygirl
    respygirl Posts: 15
    Options
    The lululemon..Ta Ta Tamer II is pretty good. :smile:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the uni boob. :indifferent:
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

the sweat between smooshed HH cups is ridic. not to mention the amount of top overflow : smooshing stuff down flatter in the middle leads to DD cups worth over top cleavage for me, almost to the point where a crew neck was too low cut :laugh:

Yeah, my G/H's don't handle uniboob very well! I need some serious support and can't find a damn thing!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options

I'm not looking for a hook up or even a guy to approach me when I'm working out. While the only thing I'm thinking about while at the gym is my workout, I feel completely gross in my work out gear. I feel like as I look in the mirror before I'm going to the gym/for a job I look like a big blob, and the uniboob is the grossest part of it. Plus my sports bra keeps me in, sure, but it's so uncomortable and the sweat that gets going on in a uniboob is down right gross.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    oh great now i'm gonna be paranoid that I have a uniboob lol
  • kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options
    Having tried several bra's over the years and spent good money the only time I've felt truly supported was when I used an old nursing bra and regular bra together. And you can find these very cheap, anywhere.
  • MrsBioChem
    MrsBioChem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort "Juno" sports bra. It has a racerback and adjustable straps! I am a D and this bra feels, looks, and works great.

Edit: the VS sports bra that looks the same absolutely sucks. I never wear mine if my Moving Comfort is clean.
  • TurangaLeela
    TurangaLeela Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Panache sports bra and I'm a size 34 F. It's great. I don't bounce when I jog and I don't have the uniboob look.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like Shock Absorber for my F-G cup boobs. If you are still bigger (in the back_ elomi has an underwire medium support that is very much "up and at 'um", but I don't think you could run in it. For running and the gym, I value support and security more than shape, but for hiking or walk being able to have a more flattering bra was nice. Too bad it's smallest size is 34 GG or something like that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Did I miss something? How big is OP? Just cause knowing your size will help you get better advice on bras because some of these may not be available in your size. I almost can't buy my regular faves anymore. I don't jog or do anything too bouncy anyway so that's not an issue just comfort and separation. I'll PM you my bra OP.