Single mom with 1 year old, now expecting TWINS!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You know how babies are made, right?

When my niece kept "expecting" when she wasn't married, my brother made a point at a family cookout to wave a hot dog in her face and ask her that very same question.

Your family sounds lovely.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You know how babies are made, right?

When my niece kept "expecting" when she wasn't married, my brother made a point at a family cookout to wave a hot dog in her face and ask her that very same question.

Your family sounds lovely.

Made me laugh. :bigsmile:
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Why do women continue to say their kids' ages in terms of months after they've reached a year old?

yeah, i've always wondered that too...

Because there is a lot of difference developmentally between a one year old and an 18 mo. old and a 2 year old.
    Exactly! There is a big difference in a 12month old...which is ONE!! and 20month old also ONE but almost 2!! If you go to the doctor they measure in months until they are TWO...if you buy clothes you buy them by the month until they are TWO!!!!!! Regardless that had NOTHING to do with my fitness goals and staying in shape and healthy during my current pregnancy!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORTIVE REMARKS!! I am going to need all the support I can get to stay motivated...but I am determined to stay FIT and HEALTHY for myself...my daughter...and my twins!!!

What's with all the exclamation marks and caps? calm down. Jeez...
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Why do women continue to say their kids' ages in terms of months after they've reached a year old?

I'm not a mom, but I believe it is because they change sooooo much month to month up to age 2
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Because, once you've had children, you know there is an INCREDIBLE difference between a 12 month old and a 20 month old. MAJOR - in size, maturity, abilities everything. Once they hit 2/3 years old that rapid development slows down so it's a little more understandable to others when you say, my 2 year old, or 2.5 year old....they can kind of get the picture of what kind of baby you're talking about.

Also, in this particular instance, the subject line was 1 year old and now expecting twins, in my mind, I thought "wow!! That's going to be a CRAZY household with 3 babies under the age of 2" But when she further explained that her older child was 20 months, I realized the older child will be well over 2 by the time the twins are born...just paints a bigger picture.
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Whew, I have a 1 yr old and couldn't imagine having twins too! Good luck!! Since you're experienced with weight loss now, I bet not long afterwards people will be saying, "you just had twins?!?"
  • tessalaurence
    Options
    Good luck! I am a single mum aswell, my twins are 2 and my daughter is 1. I started focusing on eating healthy about 6 months ago but have only just started finding the time and energry to fit in some exercise after they have gone to sleep at night in the last month or so, so your doing well :).
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You have my sympathy.
  • racheljeanvickers
    Options
    Congrats! :D
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well to the ones who wonder about why people say months put it this way, my daughters are 33 months and 14 1/2 months ,if I were to say 2yrs and 1yr they would make people think they were only 13 months apart and well they are 19 months apart and it makes a difference to me . A 1 yr old doesnt act the same as a 18 month in terms of development and so on, they change considerably in the first years Im sure when my oldest turns 3 in aug she will change again but I am not using months then its to hard to remember.

/kudos to you for wanting to stay in shape and congrats on your new pregnancy twins wow good luck !!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Because when they are that little a few month can make a big difference in their development. A 20-month old can/should do and say more than for example a 16-month old.
    I know for many people who have children that is difficult to understand, but from a child development standpoint each month really counts.
  • chrtyanderson
    Options
    Hello,
    I have twins and ran till 19 weeks pregnant and chose to walk after that. I still stayed active all through the pregnancy. They were born at 39 weeks. I did not know it was twins till 19 weeks and I had told myself I was only going to gain no more than 30 pounds this pregnancy, that was of course before I knew there were two! Well, I was active and was training for a half marathon in early pregnancy and gained a whopping 12 pounds in the first trimester. I in some weird way I envied those moms who lost weight in the first trimester, I gained weight by looking at food.Ya and then a whole 68 pounds at the end. I had healthy term babies. Be healthy and stay as active as possible. Listen to your body, lots of protein and tons of water.