30 calories over?

Options
Hi all!

I know this probably seems silly, but I'm at the end of my day, completed Level 1 Day 2 of 30DS and logged the rest of my food. Come to see that I'm over by about 30 calories (that includes the calories I've burned). Should I go do something to burn that amount (if so, any suggestions) and if not will I still see a loss this week, if all my other days are decent?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    It's fine, you're fine.
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you set your weight loss goal to, MFP already has a deficit built into your day so you are only over your goal and not over your maintenance. For example, if you are set to lost 0.5lb per week, then MFP has set your goal at 250 cals less than maintenance so you're not going to gain weight by being 30 over.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Going over by 30 calories is not enough to take you out of a deficit. So, in short, the answer is no. Don't worry about it.
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    You probably burned the calories by typing your message! HA! I wouldn't worry about it.....but if it is really bothering you, just do jumping jacks for a few minutes.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    30 isn't bad at all and won't make you gain anything. Kick back and relax. :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    30 calories is not going to be what keeps you from losing weight, I promise. MFP has you set at a deficit already s even by going 30 calories over (a minuscule amount) you're still 'under'
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I know this probably seems silly, but I'm at the end of my day, completed Level 1 Day 2 of 30DS and logged the rest of my food. Come to see that I'm over by about 30 calories (that includes the calories I've burned). Should I go do something to burn that amount (if so, any suggestions) and if not will I still see a loss this week, if all my other days are decent?

Thanks in advance!
    You could burn 30 calories with a moderate effort fart. Don't worry about it.
  • slimdownsteph
    slimdownsteph Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Haha at some of your response. I have my profile set for a 1.5 lbs a week loss, but I figured I was overreacting. Thank you for the reassurance!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are times when you're 30 under, no?
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    These are all estimates so you don't have to EXACTLY be at your calorie goal everyday, as long as your around it. There's no way to EXACTLY know how much you burn or consume, all we can do is estimate. So as long as your estimate is around your calorie goal, you should be good.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You could jog for 5 minutes, but then you would probably burn a bit more than 30 calories. You would probably burn 30 calories just getting ready to go jogging for 5 minutes.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Go cry yourself to sleep over it.

No seriously, that'll burn a few calories.