Hello all.. I am new here. Am a Sparkpeople defector

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I left SP because I liked the MFP app better and have never looked back.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I still like the SP recipe site- never been on the boards there, though.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I defected too from Spark. I am a 44 yr old mom of 4. Welcome!
  • ALittlePixieDust
    ALittlePixieDust Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love MFP - always looking for supportive friends who log in oftem. Feel free to add me!
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have no clue what Sparkpeople is and from the sounds of it glad I don't. Please feel free to add me if you wish good luck in your journey to the forty lbs loss!
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm still on spark but rarely ever use it. I prefer this site and all the great people on it and the community boards. I love the boards. Feel free to add me. I'm still a bit new to the site as well but love using it and the app. Welcome!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Former sparker here as well! I agree with what most people said. The website became way too visually busy. There was so much stuff just on your page. It got my weight loss started but I'm happier here. Feel free to add!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Also a former (and kinda sorta still am, but only a tiny bit because-my-original-measurements-are-there) SparkPeople user. I actually really enjoyed the site, but came her because I use the BodyMedia Link armband and it syncs to this site. Once I got here, I fell in love with MFP community pretty quickly and the food log seems easier to use (I don't find myself having to enter "new" foods very often).
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm a spark defector, too! I love the MFP community! I'm also a mom of 3...well sort of, I'm a mom of 1 and my fiance has 2 kids so "soon to be" mom of 3, lol. Feel free to add me! Enjoy and good luck!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i hear ya! i was a former sparker but the site is way way too busy and is just too much. i love the simplicity of mfp and the ease of forums!

i'm always open to new friends!
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :smile:

I've been using MFP on and off for awhile now. I was on Spark briefly but mainly in the past I have done WW. It's a great program but too expensive. I find MFP really easy to use and convenient. I have one question though. I'm not sure. Once you start losing weight, does your daily calorie intake go down on it's own? I hope so because I'm not sure how many calories I would get in a day if I had to adjust it myself.

I don't know if this got answered on page two, so sorry if I am repeating, but no it doesn't automatically. Apparently when you log your weight loss, after you lose 10 lbs it is supposed to ask if you want to recalculate your goals, then you would go through the questions again. I say apparently because I read that in the help section but it didn't happen for me but I think that was because I changed my macros because I am diabetic (less carbs more protein). I don't know for sure. But if you don't get asked by the system when you log your weight, then just do it every ten to twenty pounds down. After thirteen pounds for me it dropped 70 calories per day. Anyway, read the HELP section at the very top of your screen - lots of good info there.
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes your calories goal goes down all on it's own everytime you lose weight. Then once you are at your goal weight and want to maintain, you can switch your goal and use it for that.
  • kidzx3
    kidzx3 Posts: 3
    Options
    So ironic that I see a forum about SPARK! I was just talking to a friend of mine that is an Advocare Distributor and I am considering ordering some Spark from her. I tried it years ago and really liked it. I never had a problem with it. I did like the energy boost it gave me but back then I wasn't doing anything else to encourage energy. However; NOW, I am eating HEALTHY and Walking EVERYDAY and EXERCISING as much as possible. I have felt great the past week that I have been on MFP and really watched what I ate and stayed active. However, I do hit a mid day slump sometimes and that is where the Spark with probably come in. :smile:
  • kidzx3
    kidzx3 Posts: 3
    Options
    wait a minute...are yall even talking about the SPARK I am referring to or something totally diff? LOL!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll find lots of fire dis here.

Welcome to MFP.

:flowerforyou:
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • TraciRazz
    TraciRazz Posts: 12
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 45 year old mom of three, Grandma to 1, also trying to lighten up by about 40lbs. So far so good, and I enjoy the site. I don`t have a ton of MFP friends, and like to keep it a small intimate group so I can interact with my peeps!
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    wait a minute...are yall even talking about the SPARK I am referring to or something totally diff? LOL!!
    Something different. :happy: Sparkpeople is a calorie logging website.
  • ThomasDomen
    ThomasDomen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 36 year-old father with four kids. I've been using the MFP for about a week and a half and lost seven pounds so far. My first goal is to lose a total of 85 pounds to get back down to 290...do the math :)

I'm looking for a total of 100 friends. Not too many so that I can be able to take the time to get to know and encourage them. If you're wanting to do this with me, send a request!
  • noo1981
    noo1981 Posts: 18
    Options
    welcome!

ive added you :)