People to lean on

Options
Hello,
My name is Marissa. I am going to make this as quick as possible. I am overweight. It is affecting my health negatively. Which scares me. My energy drains everyday and my physical pain grows. I am eighteen and should not be feeling this way all of the time. I do want to better myself. And I have started this fitness journey over and over again like a broken record. I need some people to give me that kick and be there to remind me that I can do this.

Thank You,
M

Replies

• Alvarolara58
    Options
    My name is Alvaro. I'm a big guy/teen. I'm obese weighing 230lbs but that doesn't stop me from playing soccer. I'm fast with the ball. Yeah.......... I joined this site so I can lose weight and to ask out one of my good friend out after I reach my goal/Ideal weight.i hope this site and users will give me tips on loosing weight moderately and to reach 140lbs by 2014
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Marissa,

The fact that you are here shows that you want to make a change. We are here for you. We are all in the same struggle. Feel free to add me. I need to lose and tone. :) Good luck on your journey.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • echippendale
    Options
    HI HUN, you can do it hun, my weight caused major health problems after having my son, I had a bad back, some days I could hardly walk, then my tibia broke due to a tumor growing in my shin,my weight didn't help it, also diagnosed with pcos, enlarged heart and borderline diabeaties .

The first time I tired to exercise I could barely do 5mins of a fitness vid, I couldn't even walk to the shop next door. that was in 2011, I can now do 60mins of zumba and walk to the next village and back now. my bad back has gone, my leg isn't a 100per cent but its much better, my pcos is under control and my heart is back to normal and now no longer under risk from diabeaties .

I started off at 219lbs today I weighed my self and im 156.8lbs. It does take time but it is worth it. feel free to message me, just start off slowly,try to do at least 30mins exercise 3 times a week, theres walking with leslie sansone on you tube ,its very gentle and shes very motivating . I also eat of a smaller plate,then imnot tempted to over fill. x
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey Marissa! I'm new to MFP too and I'm looking for some mutual support and friends. Feel free to add and lean on me. :)