weight watchers

Options
anyone in weight watchers? do you count your fruit as points even though they tell you not to? i still count my fruit as points i dont think it makes sense to not count something with calories

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight with WW. I eat a lot of fruit. I don't count points for any of it, even when I go over the recommended 6-8 servings. WW takes into account the calories for fruit and veggies when they give you your Daily Point amount. If I counted fruit for points I would be starving myself. I do track the calories from fruit on MFP, so I am aware of how many calories I spend on fruit every day. That is what works for me.
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    yeah i love weight watchers! how much do you average with the fruits in calories? i thinking about not counting them
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Between 500-600 calories from fruit and veggies. My calorie goal is 1600, my DP on WW is 26 which works out to about a 1,000 calories.
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a bit with weight watchers, but I was doing the online version, not meetings. I was slowing down at the very end, and I think fruits were playing a part. It's a good system, and if I was still using their tools, I just would have started dropping the daily target points. Cappri's a great example; she eats fruits and veggies freely and keeps under her points. I think the important thing is the food you're eating, and not the system and tools you use to count the food. Eating a lot of fruit in a day is healthy choice.