5'3" girls at healthy weight who eat over 1700 Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've read it can take weeks sometimes months for the body to adjust to eating more. I'm close enough to goal where I'm not too concerned with putting on a few lbs for awhile but I do eventually want it to come off along with the rest of my goal pounds

Hmmm, it should not take months for your body to adjust to a couple of hundred more calories. If you gain weight you are eating too much.

Even the IPOARM guy says that with strength training weight will increase a bit

OK. When I was weight training I lost weight from burning fat. But you might have less to loose than I had at the time.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 5 3" and since I increased my calories to 2149 (not eating back exercise cals) My weight is dropping.

I workout 6 days a week 4 days are heavy lifting. Have only discvoered that I wasnt eating enough for the amount of burn I was doing DOH! lol
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 5 3" and since I increased my calories to 2149 (not eating back exercise cals) My weight is dropping.

I workout 6 days a week 4 days are heavy lifting. Have only discvoered that I wasnt eating enough for the amount of burn I was doing DOH! lol
    That's awesome! I hope to get my calorie intake higher than 1700 eventually. I seem to keep gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. I'm trying to be patient
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5 4" I range from 130-135 pounds and I maintain in the 1800-2000 range. I was eating the stupid 1200 while heavy lifting 4-5 days per week with cardio. Way too low! I ruined my metabolism and had to repair it by eating at TDEE for over a month. I gained during that time but the weight came off instantly once I started slowly reducing calories again.
  • teeya1984
    teeya1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i lost weight like crazy eating 1200 calories a day but like everyone has said - it makes you cranky and fatigued all day. it's not realistic. last fall i decided to up my calories to about 1700-1900 and i still kept losing weight. since that time i have gotten really lazy (stopped working out and started eating 2500 calories) and my weight has plateaued....go figure (just started back here a couple weeks ago).

my point is this - i'm 5'3 and yes, i did lose weight working out and eating 1200 calories per day. HOWEVER, i also lost weight eating 1700-1900 calories a day and working out. and lets face it - its way easier to make a lifestyle change if you can actually stick to the lifestyle.

good luck :)
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3ins and 123 lbs . I strength train 3 days a week and do very little cardio i do walk briskly another 2 days a week . I am the same weight now give or take a few pounds down the way for the last 3 years so my aim is maintainance . I am trying to cut about 2 per cent body fat to reach my ultimate goal but not lose weight .

I don't log on here for cals but i eat around 2,000 calories a day most days sometime over and sometimes under but this is my norm . I would not survive on under this my body needs fuel .
  • stephaniethomas80
    Options
    It's definitely important to find an amount of calories you can stick with for life. Thanks for all the replies ladies ;)
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I seem to be one of the few who has not found eating more successful.

After losing 50 lbs at 1200/day (& eating back exercise calories), keeping it off for 18 months, I gained 10 lbs over a few months (bad eating habits crept in again). I tried going back to 1200/day, eating exercise calories but didn't lose anything. I too was a bit cranky and hungry.

The begining of May I started the TDEE method, eating 1800 calories/day and not eating back exercise calories. I started a bootcamp April 1st so am working out less (only 4 times a week) but working out harder. My previous workouts consisted of 30 minutes of cardio (treadmill) and 30 minutes of lifting, buring about 400 calories/workout 5-6 times a week. The bootcamps are much harder and I burn approx 600 calories/workout.

I am sad to report that I have gained almost 5 lbs since May 3rd. I am now 15 lbs over where I was one year ago and very frustrated. And don't tell me it's 5 lbs of muscle, that would be impossible for a woman and even hard for a man to gain 5 lbs of pure muscle in one month.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am 5 4" I range from 130-135 pounds and I maintain in the 1800-2000 range. I was eating the stupid 1200 while heavy lifting 4-5 days per week with cardio. Way too low! I ruined my metabolism and had to repair it by eating at TDEE for over a month. I gained during that time but the weight came off instantly once I started slowly reducing calories again.

I sure hope that ^^ is my experience, but as you will see from my previous post I've done nothing but gain since starting TDEE 3 weeks ago.
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I sure hope that ^^ is my experience, but as you will see from my previous post I've done nothing but gain since starting TDEE 3 weeks ago.

I understand how you feel because the scale would not stop going up and I was freaking out, but I stuck to it. It was a lot of water weight due to my body being restricted for so long. Just be patient and I hope you are successful. Those last few punds are so stubborn!!!!!
  • stephaniethomas80
    Options
    I seem to be one of the few who has not found eating more successful.

After losing 50 lbs at 1200/day (& eating back exercise calories), keeping it off for 18 months, I gained 10 lbs over a few months (bad eating habits crept in again). I tried going back to 1200/day, eating exercise calories but didn't lose anything. I too was a bit cranky and hungry.

The begining of May I started the TDEE method, eating 1800 calories/day and not eating back exercise calories. I started a bootcamp April 1st so am working out less (only 4 times a week) but working out harder. My previous workouts consisted of 30 minutes of cardio (treadmill) and 30 minutes of lifting, buring about 400 calories/workout 5-6 times a week. The bootcamps are much harder and I burn approx 600 calories/workout.

I am sad to report that I have gained almost 5 lbs since May 3rd. I am now 15 lbs over where I was one year ago and very frustrated. And don't tell me it's 5 lbs of muscle, that would be impossible for a woman and even hard for a man to gain 5 lbs of pure muscle in one month.

It's water weight. Seriously you would have to eat like 3000 over your TDEE for a several weeks to gain 5 lbs of fat. We just have to be patient and drink lotsa water, keep on those intense workouts and wait for the metabolism to kick in.