Help! I need the dream abs

Options
http://pinterest.com/pin/298926493987186775/

I dont know how to post pictures on here but on this website is a photo of what I consider my dream abs! I love it and would love to know what I need to do to get to that point..As of right now I am trying to lose the last 10 lbs. So I will have prety low body fat percentage. Any other tips? I am very determined to get to that point. Even if it takes me 6 months to a year.!

Replies

• tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just realized its showing the abs pictures as my main profile picture so you dont even need to go to the site!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Where you at now? (bf%)
    if you could possibly show a picture of what your abs look like now it'd be easier to give estimates ^^ but generally, to get the abs, you'd need to be at a lower body fat percentage.. :)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Oki doki I just checked your pictures on your profile.. To be honest, you'll need to be at a lower bodyfat percentage.. BUT you can start working on some crunches or a few light tummy exercises for when you've dropped the fat off :)
  • IAmCorStar
    IAmCorStar Posts: 11
    Options
    I can help you get there girl! But there's no magic recipe. Where are you at now BMI and bf%-wise and what are you doing nutrition/exercise wise?
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I followed the 8 min ab routine on youtube.. and I also do habging leg raises from a pull up bar..
  • tressieazbill
    Options
    Those pictures of my tummy was 7 lbs ago and I still want to lose another 12 lbs and get down to 115. But I do realize that low body fat percentage is the key for abs..I am currently around 126ish..Its just taking forever to get rid of my last 10 lbs. I do cardio 3 times a week and p90x weights dvds 3 times a week but its a recent thing so I havent gotten too much of results yet.Any advice on how to get rid of the last 10 lbs faster?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Eat at a moderate deficit and strength train.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Yes, this.
  • tressieazbill
    Options

Should I worry more about strength training then cardio?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note to say you've made really good progress already. Well done & Cheers!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

you can still do some cardio, but definitely look into strength training. Eat. Move. Lift. :heart: Bry
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

THIS
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

In my opinion, yes. Strength training while maintaining a small caloric deficit will help you preserve your muscle mass. Muscle mass you need, if your goal is to have visible abs.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would mind have abs like that! Right now I am working at just getting it FLAT! :P I have lost almost 3 inches off it in the last month (YES!!!) but still have a ways more to go. (I think I started to late to make my goal date of my birthday) I am doing Jilliam Michael's 30 days shred and am enjoying the results I am starting to see. I had to laugh when I got to Level 3 though. She says you should be starting to see a 6 pack form by now. Um? No??? I'm stilling working on getting it flat! I've been debating about doing additional crunches (different ones) in addition to her workoutout.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    lift weights :)
  • tressieazbill
    Options
    Okay well it sounds like lifting weights is a big thing :) I just wonder if I should focus on cardio for this last 10 lbs of weightloss then go focus on lifting weights..It makes sense in my head but I am not an expert!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

In my opinion, yes. Strength training while maintaining a small caloric deficit will help you preserve your muscle mass. Muscle mass you need, if your goal is to have visible abs.

Yes. Though, for me, I do find cardio necessary as my appetite will otherwise get in the way.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Okay well it sounds like lifting weights is a big thing :) I just wonder if I should focus on cardio for this last 10 lbs of weightloss then go focus on lifting weights..It makes sense in my head but I am not an expert!

you can do both at the same time. don't wait to start lifting :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

No. You lose 10 pounds without strength training, and you're likely to lose as much muscle as fat.
  • tressieazbill
    Options
    Where you at now? (bf%)
    if you could possibly show a picture of what your abs look like now it'd be easier to give estimates ^^ but generally, to get the abs, you'd need to be at a lower body fat percentage.. :)

Around 22-23 percent..Would love to get around 20?