Butts??

Options

Replies

• samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy, but are you running on the treadmill? If so, don't. Run outside if you need to, but running on the treadmill will cause you to get a pancake butt, despite squats. Trust me, I've always had a big butt but running on the treadmill even for just a few weeks started to deflate it. Something about the flat surface just isn't conducive to a perky tush.

I have noticed a considerable amount of change in my behind since running more on the tred in the last month, thanks for this! I shall run outside instead from now on.

Not true!

You absolutely can run on a treadmill, but you need to run at decent incline to avoid losing your backside. It's all about the muscles used. As the belt moves while flat, you aren't using the hamstrings and glute muscles to propel yourself forward like you would on a flat surface. At an incline, you utilize those muscles, therefore making it just as effective as running outside :)
  • Rokosmummy
    Rokosmummy Posts: 29
    Options
    Mine is disappearing too :frown:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, squats, deadlifts, lunges, hip thrusts, and others. bretcontreras.com (the glute guy).
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Please back your butt arguments with pictures. Thank you.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Check out "Strong Curves" by Bret Contreras. It's a glute centered workout. Also, make sure that you're eating enough, and eating enough protein to keep every bit of muscle you've got. It's entirely anecdotal, however I've had the same waist size I have now, and had no butt at all, when I lost weight by being sick for a few weeks and being unable to eat. When I lost weight by exercising consistently and eating at a small deficit, I still lost volume, but not nearly so dramatically.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    NO.

mine is rounder.

squats, deadlifts, etc.

^^This!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Oh did you say that you are doing one thing and not getting the results you want. Well, there is no other option, just keep doing that one thing. Oh wait, except there are hip thrusts and strong curves by Bret Contreras. But, why should anyone learn anything else. Only do squats because they are magic. Who needs hip thrusts that directly target the glutes.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have extra "butt" I'm willing to give away.....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    This thread is worthless without pictures. :sad:

OP, I wish we had more control over our parents' physical attributes and genetics. I would change a couple things about that whole DNA soup if I could. Like, I want green eyes. :angry: and I'd also like a little more genetic junk in the trunk and less of the up-top stuff.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Why did I expect comparison pictures when I came in here? :angry:

I are disappoint.
    U and me both, brother. :grumble:
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Why did I expect comparison pictures when I came in here? :angry:

I are disappoint.

This comment is pretty creepy, fyi.

Why? I'm always up for a good before and after success picture. Are you against success pictures?

Not at all. If people want to share their pictures and others want to see them, that's great.

It's expressing your disappointment that a thread is about something other than people showing off their bodies that is kind of creepy.

There are so many other threads where you can look at success pictures...
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Guys perspective: we want fun, easy going, toned. Butt size - eh. Whatever cup size - fine. That's the picky guys. Most of us - show up naked with beer and we are good. :smile: :drinker:
  • Queen8shaq
    Queen8shaq Posts: 46
    Options
    fixed my comment below
  • Queen8shaq
    Queen8shaq Posts: 46
    Options
    I lose my butt when I get down to 130 and below. That is why I don't want to be below 140! I'll take a little extra chub to keep my butt.

Will you read this to me slowly...again....again....again

However, this comment...this comment is creepy. Cliff, get back in your windowless van, didn't we talk about this??

This seriously made me LOLOLOLOL!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    nope! squats, lunges, leg press, did i mention squats?
    Ummmmmmmmmm...yeaaaaaaaaaah.....it's workin' Haha. :) Kudos.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You do know most of us would kill to have this problem.... ;^)
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    Kept the butt but lost the boobs!
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am working on building my butt up. I have always had a really flat one. Like, strangers have commented on it numerous times. After I got pregnant, it totally expanded, but in a nice way. Then once I had the baby it all fell like a house of cards. I'd like to lose about 10 pounds, but my other goal is to get a decent butt. Biking has helped, as well as squats and lunges.

I've lost some of the boobs and I am totally okay with that. I actually wouldn't mind being an A cup at this point in my life.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Squats with a barbell, lunges, leg press, glute kickbacks with heavy weights (I use a machine, don't hate), etc.

I also include glute kickbacks (with a machine...gasp!).
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Keep squatting, lunging, Dead-lifting, and squatting and squatting.....

It will lift and tighten.

This. And eat. You can't grow a butt if you are eating below your TDEE.