Weight loss noticed by others first?

Options
My husband tells me he sees a difference in my size. The scale tells me I've lost weight. The measuring tape even agrees with all the above. But when I look in the mirror I still see the me that started this journey. Does anyone else go through this or is just me. Im hoping that one day I wake up and see what others see. Do you think others notice your successes before you do?

Replies

• closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It took a while for me to see it as well.. my wife and family would say things but it took muscle definition to actually believe I looked better than when I started..
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm right there but I've only lost 14 pounds, I know it'll be a good 15 more before anyone really notices. Patience is HARD!

But progress is progress, it WILL be noticeable , we just need to hang in there!

Edited to add, I don't "only" 14 pounds, they were hard earned losses! I just mean, it's a little bit of a much larger journey.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I woke up day after day looking fat. I exercised month after month and felt my stomach wobble as I jogged. But I keep going after the point where I would usually give up.

My mother noticed my weight loss 48 hours after I started my diet.

But I only noticed a difference in the mirror after 35 pounds. And it took another 20 to start looking toned in undergarments.

We all notice weight loss at different rates. I am pretty blind to it although I see a lot of positives now.