Sun Flower Seeds

Options
sfhudgens
sfhudgens Posts: 123 Member
I am HIGHLY addicted to Sunflower seeds.....
What is a good alternative.....cause the sodium in these
are so high and i know they cant' bee great for me..

Replies

• Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can buy them unsalted - sunflower seeds are very good for you - just not all the salt. Try almonds with no salt.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had to give them up cold turkey. A handful of BBQ or Nacho Cheese turned into a bag to 2 bag a day habit. I think I had an easier time giving up smoking:) If I need to quench a salt fix I go with cashews.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    sorry double post
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Them ****s are like crack! I organize softball leagues as a part time in the evenings and everybody's got a bag and offering all the damn time!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Buy them whole - it's so fiddley taking the shells off that you're likely to eat less (I would have thought). How many are you actually eating anyways? I've just had a look at my bag of unsalted/roasted and there's nil sodium listed :-)) To be honest, I've not seen 'flavoured' ones before lol!
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I found some really yummy sunflower seeds at Walmart that have 0 salt. simply roasted unsalted. However, Sunflower seeds have a TON of calories, 190 for 1/4 cup; so watch eating tons!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I am HIGHLY addicted to Sunflower seeds.....
    What is a good alternative.....cause the sodium in these
    are so high and i know they cant' bee great for me..

I call them crack-flower seeds and I've been an addict for a very long time. The sodium blows me up like a balloon. I am trying to get my hands on unsalted ones so I can roast them with garlic instead of salt, but haven't been able to find them.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I found some really yummy sunflower seeds at Walmart that have 0 salt. simply roasted unsalted. However, Sunflower seeds have a TON of calories, 190 for 1/4 cup; so watch eating tons!

That has to be the unshelled sunflower seeds right?

Despite the salt I eat 53 gram bag every day. Why? Because it takes me all day to eat 180 calories. Gets me from breakfast to lunch, then from lunch to dinner.
  • charbomb
    charbomb Posts: 1
    Options
    I eat the Kettle Roast Sunflower Seeds. They are lower sodium so I can eat more of them. I buy them on amazon or at giant seeds.