I have no idea how to support this. :huh:
    Ppl online are all sorts of fuqed up. :cry:
    Been on the receiving end of some harsh azz shizz. :noway:

Good luck w/that

Maybe try using readable English?
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm on the brink of rejoining the dating world.

I've been out of the loop for a while and am debating the internet dating thing.

Thus far, my "strategy is to throw out obscure It's Always Sunny in Philly references and respond to the contacts that catch it.

Yes, I realize that's not a great way to go about it. Considering I have never done the internet thing and have always gone off of sheer connection, I'm not sure how to approach the potential of dating someone I have never met.

Caught me.

Oh really? Well let me drop an egg of knowledge on you and teach you how to properly boil over a milk steak hard... and pick out the finest jelly beans. :blushing:
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    lol I put in Doctor Who and Legend of Zelda references in mine: i.e. Ideally, my match would be a 900 year-old timelord with two hearts and a box. Enjoys scuba diving with the Zora and vacationing in Hyrule.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else looking up It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia quotes in the hopes of getting a date with OP?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

^ This just made my day 25r30wi.gif
  • DJ_Rocker
    DJ_Rocker Posts: 186
    Options
    Ugh....I tried it. Loathed it. I wish you all the best though. I'm just going to let things happen as they do. Hopefully, luck & fate will come my way.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I've been out of the loop for a while and am debating the internet dating thing.

Thus far, my "strategy is to throw out obscure It's Always Sunny in Philly references and respond to the contacts that catch it.

Yes, I realize that's not a great way to go about it. Considering I have never done the internet thing and have always gone off of sheer connection, I'm not sure how to approach the potential of dating someone I have never met.

Maybe I should try this. I quit my online dating experiment. I kept getting really strange emails that were:
    a) Unreadable
    b) looking to hook up
    c) Making confessions about their sexual identity
    d) Shooting way out of their league
    e) people who look and/or act completely different in person
    f) only seem to want to talk online

:ohwell:
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    Ugh....I tried it. Loathed it. I wish you all the best though. I'm just going to let things happen as they do. Hopefully, luck & fate will come my way.

I'm a "make your own luck" kind of girl. But I'm also quirkily superstitious (not in earnest, but they still cross my mind)..

Then again, I'm a weirdo in general.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Caught me.

Oh really? Well let me drop an egg of knowledge on you and teach you how to properly boil over a milk steak hard... and pick out the finest jelly beans. :blushing:

I'm a...a.. full on rapist.

Some of us don't need to look up quotes.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Ow Gawwwwd!

Good luck w/that

Maybe try not being so old
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    Ow Gawwwwd!

Good luck w/that

People online and in reality are screwed up... but my hope was that casting a wider net would get better results?

Ehh... I go back and forth on the issue. I'm just lonely.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Ow Gawwwwd!

Good luck w/that

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • FitandFab33
    Options

Caught me.

I'm a...a.. full on rapist.

Some of us don't need to look up quotes.

hahahahahahahahaha...

We can start a hornet farm and collect whatever delicious thing that they make :-)

I'd like to be the wildcard though.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Ow Gawwwwd!

Good luck w/that

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    :flowerforyou:
    Your the best!!
    Also, English is my 2nd language
    Cue~Name of The Game~The Crystal Method
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

hahahahahahahahaha...

We can start a hornet farm and collect whatever delicious thing that they make :-)

I'd like to be the wildcard though.

tumblr_lbfb6gpEAj1qbuyrv_zpsb5ed92c0.gif
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well..I've tried the online thing myself and as bad as it is on my side...I can't imagine how it would be for women. Much less a very attractive one.

Just be careful, lots of success stories from it...just a lot more nut jobs lol :)
  • abeechu
    abeechu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used OkCupid and ended up meeting 4 guys in-person. 2 out of the 4 I still keep in touch with, 1 was not what I was looking for (not college educated and lied on his profile about it, then I got the vibes that he was only looking for a ONS, which was also not what I wanted -- you can usually tell pretty fast with those sorts of people), and the last guy I met there I've been dating for the past 5 months and I'm meeting his family this weekend :) So success stories are real!

Obviously it's always hit and miss, but the way that I did it was through being bluntly honest about what I wanted on my profile. The nice thing about dating online is that you don't have to pretend to be someone else to get dates-- there are so many people out there that if they have (literally) the balls the message you because they sincerely believe that y'all may be compatible, most likely it's worth a shot. Plus, you can reject them without ever having to do it to their face :P

But yeah, to give you an idea, at some point on my profile I wrote something along the lines of basically telling non-college educated guys and people with terrible grammatical skills that they would be better off checking out a different profile. I also threw something in there about if all the message they send me is "Your (mistake included) so beautiful/hot/sexy/etc." that I would never respond.

Good luck, OP!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ow Gawwwwd!

Good luck w/that

People online and in reality are screwed up... but my hope was that casting a wider net would get better results?

Ehh... I go back and forth on the issue. I'm just lonely.

When I was single, I was lonely too - the whole single mom thing and all that. I never expected to find THE guy on the internet, but I sure did have some fun meeting new people this way. Some of the guys were just weird, and some "dates" I cut seriously short, but I did have fun most of the time.

I think your "success" has more to do with your mindset and what you want out of it. If you're just looking to get out of the house and meet other adults, then online dating sites are great. They're also great if you're just looking to hook up (but be COMPLETELY sure your hook up isn't married - UGH). I think it's when people put too much hope into it that it gets weird.

Dating at any age is difficult, but being a single parent makes it even more difficult. I mean, realistically, how many guys can you really meet in the grocery store? ;-)
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yo ah think ah found uh way ta decode da way some peeps jive on da internet what 'chew trippin foo.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Yo ah think ah found uh way ta decode da way some peeps jive on da internet what 'chew trippin foo.

249.gif