Progress so far...

Options
badtastebetty
badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
I took a break from calorie counting and exercise this week to focus on my relationship. I'm feeling less motivated to track my calories and work out, so I decided to do a side-by-side progress picture to amp me back up again!

This is my progress so far. I've cut out gluten and it has significantly made a difference in my overall health. I eat tons of fruits and vegetables, drink a ton of water, and try to find alternatives to the treats I used to crave. I leave room for ice cream (though a lot of dairy will irritate my stomach as well so I try to get a dairy alternative or make frozen banana "ice cream") and I rarely drink.

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred (about half way through) since the end of March, and I throw in fitness/bootcamp classes when I can. I walk EVERYWHERE.

I started at 175, and I am now between 162-165. My goal is to break 150 and see what happens from there.

This photo is my motivation so that I can see why I am working so hard, and keep my motivation high.

r1QF0pQl.jpg

Replies

• castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You're doing an awesome job! It's good that you are focusing on the inches and not just on the weight. I swear, the scales lie a lot. The tape measure is much more reliable!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that is great for such a short period of time. it took me much longer to lose inches. so i am jealous of those who do ;)
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    You're doing an awesome job! It's good that you are focusing on the inches and not just on the weight. I swear, the scales lie a lot. The tape measure is much more reliable!

I found these measurements awhile back....

June 2010 (before I ever really started to work out)
    Weight - 170 pounds
    Waist - 36 inches
    Hips - 47 inches

I weighed less than my March photo, but was significantly larger. I still like to idea of weighing less, but I'm more interested in how much I am shrinking.
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    LOVE that you have the inches on there! It makes such a difference.

Good luck getting back on track and feel free to add me if you need some motivation! :)
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's great! Thanks for being an encouragement for me.

I went ahead and took my before pictures and measurements last night. I can't wait to watch my own shrinkage!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Incredible progress!! It looks like more than two inches off that itty bitty waist - you look fabulous, love!!

Congrats on the results from the hard work you've put in. Amazing how much your body can change in two short months when you work hard at it, eh?
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    great job - I always mean to measure myself like that but I never feel confident that I would put the tape in the right place consistently.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I got a text message from a friend who saw me walking to work, but hasn't seen me since I began to lose weight. She said she barely recognized me and started asking about what I was doing to lose weight.

Definitely feeling motivated to keep going :bigsmile:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can really tell a difference! Congratulations:)
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Good job girl! Keep it up!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're doing fantastic! Looking at your body change reminded me how awesome the 30DS is, I think I'm going to start doing that again! Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!