Why does everyone think it's WHAT they eat that matters?

Options

Replies

• slendercurves
    slendercurves Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    IDK Even when I stay within my caloric goal while eating junk like pizza and McDonalds I notice it makes me stall. Not gain but not loose either . I think for some people what you eat does count.

What you eat does matter to a degree. Fiber helps to burn away fat.
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Agree with your points - also glad to see all the Guinness lovers out there!!!! Mmm.....wish it was Friday!!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Because for some people with health issues it DOES matter....sorry about your misinformation.

tumblr_mbjpn5ymp01ri8wt6o1_400.gif
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You should not just be concerned with weight loss, you should be concerned with your overall health. Being healthy should be a goal for everyone to have. When's the last time you heard someone honestly say "I really want to die young!" "I am excited to get cancer!" or "All this GMO stuff is awesome, give me more chemicals please!"

It should be ALL about WHAT you eat, not just the marcos.
    lol no

And what a thought provoking argument that was.
    rhony-luann-unimpressed.gif
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Moderation isn't an option with some foods for me. I use to binge and starve, I emotionally eat, I've struggled on and off with compulsive eating and those foods that almost put my eating into automatic. I avoid like the plague. It's taken my husband a good fifteen years to understand that I can't, just can't have some foods in the house. My husband can eat one miniature candy bar and just walk away, perfectly satisfied. I'm unable to do that.

That said, I do think it's important to find foods that are enjoyable and healthier that I can work into everyday life. The past week, I've made my family fruit crisp that has been delightful to snack on, that I can enjoy a little bit and walk away from. For a true lifestyle change, I NEED to look at long term. Today I went out to lunch with my husband for Chinese. It was fabulous.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    or one beer turns into six.

And six turns into Keg Stands!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Some people went through life eating whatever in whatever amounts and find that moderation is hard or impossible, so they swing to the totally opposite end of the spectrum and don't allow themselves the other stuff. If that's how they want to do it, that's more than fine.

Though, I confess, when people start insisting others should eat like them for whatever reason (Usually under the guise of health.) I put them on ignore. You eat your very large salad, I'll eat my popeyes and hopefully we'll both end up happy in the long run.
  • a036618
    a036618 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anything more than 15 grams of carbohydrates in a meal sets me on an unstable insulin roller coaster... and that's why I think it's what I eat matters. It does.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Because it's true...lol
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You should not just be concerned with weight loss, you should be concerned with your overall health. Being healthy should be a goal for everyone to have. When's the last time you heard someone honestly say "I really want to die young!" "I am excited to get cancer!" or "All this GMO stuff is awesome, give me more chemicals please!"

lol no

And a GIF to back up your own! Amazing rebuttal. Now show me evidence gmo cause cancer
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

lol no

And a GIF to back up your own! Amazing rebuttal. Now show me evidence gmo cause cancer

I've posted my thoughts already.
    If you laugh at and put down someone's post, it's on you to prove they are wrong.

ETA: I never said they did cause cancer, just looking for something to back up your response of NO.
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options

lol no

MINE :heart:

(andy)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't give up what I love...I just find the healthier alternative. If that's not possible..then I just walk away. Giving something up to become healthier is a lot cheaper than eating smaller amounts, and being sick. Doctors are expensive!

This^^ Also, I've noticed that I tend to overeat when I am tired, stressed out, or feel bad. I have noticed that I feel bad when I eat junk food (I love chips/crisps and dip). I have noticed that when I feel bad, I do not exercise. At all. So, for me, it is imperative that I change my eating habits in order to lose weight. And I have to say, it only took a week or so to find healthy alternatives that I really enjoy. And I don't allow junk food into my house, I'm not sure I could resist it...I hope this answers your question. :)
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options

lol no

I've posted my thoughts already.
    If you laugh at and put down someone's post, it's on you to prove they are wrong.
    Actually it on you because you said it causes all these health issues. It on you to back it up.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    hm, I dunno.....
    If I have 200 calories left for the day, I can eat a 200 Calorie Ice cream sandwich OR 200 cals in Almonds..... one is better for my body then the other.... and gives me better nutrients to aid in my goals.....

Macros, they matter........It does matter what you put into your body in terms of food.

So no sir, I do not agree with your statement =) although, if you are just starting out, cutting back the crap is a good place to start.....

=D
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Instead of Guinness drink a Miller Lite.

^ This is not an option! Otherwise, I agree.

Agreed... That is like comparing apples to garbage.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Instead of Guinness drink a Miller Lite.

^ This is not an option! Otherwise, I agree.

Agreed. Miller Lite tastes like @ss, I'll take the extra calories, thank you.

True. If I'm drinking beer it'll damn well be the one I want. Light beer? NO. Guinness? Hell yes.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    hm, I dunno.....
    If I have 200 calories left for the day, I can eat a 200 Calorie Ice cream sandwich OR 200 cals in Almonds..... one is better for my body then the other.... and gives me better nutrients to aid in my goals.....

Macros, they matter........It does matter what you put into your body in terms of food.

So no sir, I do not agree with your statement =) although, if you are just starting out, cutting back the crap is a good place to start.....

=D
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    For me, it is what I eat.
    If I eat a massive 2-lb salad with cucumber, tomato, avocado, and tuna which only comes to 300 calories, I will feel invigorated, full, and satisfied.
    If I eat a 2.5oz bar of chocolate which comes to 300 calories, it will taste good while I'm eating it, but I'll still be hungry and I will feel unsatisfied and have heartburn.

I think the point the OP was making is that is IS possible to have a 1.85 pound salad and a PIECE of candy-and you will lose weight-and be healthy. It DOES NOT have to be an ALL or NOTHING proposition for nearly ALL people.

One could eat nothing but apples-which are typically thought of as GOOD food and if you eat only those and enough of them-FAT and UNHEALTHY.

It seems so intuitive...and simple.....and yet.....
  • jeannettebrown568
    Options
    I agree with you there. That's how I'm doing it and just one full week I lose 4 pounds so far.