31 yr-old mom of 3 with 60+ lbs. to lose...need support!!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm 5'2" and 196lbs, down from 205. I've finally decided to lose all of this extra weight after a few health scares popped up. I need to be around for my kids, but I get so lazy when it comes to diet and exercise. I need the motivation and this seems like just the right fit for that. I welcome any suggestions and look forward to the experience! :bigsmile:

Replies

• sammiej97
    sammiej97 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 with three children. I started out at 198 and am now 189. I would be glad to add u as a friend. Oh also I am 31. COOL!!
  • coralizh
    coralizh Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 27, Mom of 4 ;), I'm 226 and i want and need to drop 60 to 70 pounds!!! And i definitely have no motivation, but want to lose weight. I don't know where to start.
  • c2jeske
    c2jeske Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is my second time on mfp. The first time I did great, unfortunately I got too confident and thought I could do it on my own. Now I am back. I was at 204 and currently I am at 178. I believe that this is a great tool for holding myself accountable. I am 32 and have 2 kids. Feel free to add me.
  • cchavez88
    cchavez88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is also my second time on MFP. I didn't really keep to it the first time around, but I have a bet to win with my husband to lose the 50 extra lbs I picked up with my first child. So I never did do the friend thing the first time so now I'm really ramping it up. Add me. I have one 20 mth boy and am 33. I started at 216 after giving birth and now I'm barely at 203. I'm using this and just started Couch to 5K with strength training from Nerd Fitness.
  • fitnessvicky
    Options
    Hi Mom,
    Hope your well, I'm doing o.k., I try to walk at least one hour everyday and do arm curls (10 reps / 10 sets weight of 3lbs / 5lbs).
    My problem is when I'm at work (Banquet Hall) I eat more than I should. I have joined T.O.P.S. Support group. and I got a tri-plate and it helps to a certain point. It's keeping myself busy enough not to think about eating or not having time to eat. Things I do is: Newspaper route, then walk to the library, then home for work and clean house or read a book or work on my needlepoint or write in my journal - then I walk to work 4 miles and once I'm at work, (dishwashing) my hrs are 8 to 10 to 15 hrs. Before I broke my tailbone I used to ride my bike everywhere. Well, I hope this works, Good Luck. Vicky
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You and anyone can add me. I know how you feel about not wanting to work out and eat right, we've all been there. Gotta have support. The best is the support you can have at home, but get it here if you need!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I am a 32 yr old mom of 2, was 184 lbs at 30, have lost 45 lbs and now weigh 138. Anyone here may add me for support. this is an ongoing life change and support is one of the key factors in being a success =)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    You can do it one step at a time is all it takes
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 - 60lbs, and really motivated at the moment - Hoping I can keep this up, and looking for fellow buddies in similar situation. I'm a private housekeeper so that keeps me quite active, but have just started treadmill walking 3/4 times a week, and eating healthier!! Feel free to add me for friendship and support xxx
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm a 33 yr old mom of 2 boys, and started out at 279 (eek!!) Lost close to 40 at this point, and I'll happily support anyone who needs it. I used to hate working out, but it's become such a part of my life now that I love it and can't wait until the next time I can exercise!
  • kirstenleo
    kirstenleo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi There

I'm a touch older than you but other than that we are veryyyy similar. I started at 216. I'm 5'2" and have three kids too. I have been doing this for a year and a half now. DOWN 58 PROUD POUNDS! It happened slow and steady but it was so worth it. Good luck and feel free to add me. I am on every day supporting my friends. My diary is public so maybe I can help steer you in the right direction
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am 31 year old mom (of 1 boy who will be 3 next month) I am 203lbs down from 211 with about a starting goal weight to lose about 63 more....oh and I am 5ft

friend me if you would like
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3. I need to lose about 120lbs, already lost 34 over the last 3 months. I am on everyday and you can add me if you want :)
  • MLE_23
    MLE_23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on the same boat and am on here for support also, just started MFP yesterday. I'm 30, mom of 2 and my youngest is 7 months old. Gained most of my weight after the baby :/ I weigh 227 lbs and am 5'7. My goal is to lose 30 lbs.
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2, 25 and a mom of 4. I weighed 235 and am down to 171. My goal is 155 or less. Feel free to add me :)
  • CLL1001
    CLL1001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 32 year old mom of 1...I'm struggling with binge eating and I'm having a lot of trouble getting motivated to eat right. Within the past 2 weeks I've had some motivation to exercise which I'm really hoping will stick. Feel free to add me if you want we can all use the support and motivation.
  • lschwarz84
    lschwarz84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mother of 3 and looking to lose 100lbs. I've tried to lose the weight before but never put much effort into it, this time it feels different and I'm excited for this new journey. Feel free to add me!
  • alittleteapot
    alittleteapot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! We have such similar stories. I have a great feeling about this, and have added all of you. I'm glad to have found a place where there are no judgments and put-downs, just people honestly wanting to help each other through what I consider to be one of the toughest things I have personally had to deal with. Thanks again!!
  • lyndadowning84
    lyndadowning84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I'm 3 months into mine, have lost a total of 23lbs now. 10 before mfp and more with it. Be honest witht yourself and if you wobble dont beat yourself up, just keep logging, tomorrows another day