Stomach dent!! Does anyone else have this?

Options
aaamyyyxo
aaamyyyxo Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
It's not a tummy pooch, it's more like the stomach just completely stops holding fat a few inches below the belly button, which gives a dark shadowy bump/line. It makes wearing bikinis/tight shirts nearly impossible. I'm 18 and I've had this as long as I can remember. Even when I was like 5'7 and 125 pounds.. but it become more prominent with weight gain.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I know you can't spot reduce etc. but I am a complete apple shape and this stomach dent-thing makes its 100x worse because I have friends who are my weight/heavier but their stomachs look flat because they don't have this.

*Here are a few photos of what I'm talking about, not pics of me, I found them on tumblr etc hehe mine is most similar to the last one :frown:

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• PezAzul
    PezAzul Posts: 42
    Options
    I have it.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has this, it's just your body type unfortunately :(
  • aaamyyyxo
    aaamyyyxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whaaat :( so there is no way to get rid of it ever?!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You can lessen it with weight loss and you can mitigate it with strength training.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you lose enough weight and tighten up your core muscles it will be MUCH less noticeable if not gone. But bloat doeas play and important factor.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Maybe Make some changes to your diet it will eventually go away with exercise and diet but it will take a while.
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    pretty sure it's just a body type thing. i've seen it on really thin girls as well. i'm sure weight training and toning would help over time though.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I used to have it. Mine went away with weight loss. Watch your calories and lift heavy weights - that the best way I can summarize how I did it.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have this too :( But it has been slightly going away as I've been losing weight. Finger's crossed it will go away for good when I'm at my goal! Good luck!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I had this.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    i have it, but bloat can make it worse, in the morning its really not noticeable. it has gotten a lot better with weight loss, and its disappearing some more with strength training.
  • lizzienorcott
    Options
    I have this! Makes me look soooo much bigger than I actually am:( been trying to get rid of it for years x so annoying!
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've always had one and I've always been small. It's just where my body stores fat (along with my butt and hips!)

I've been lifting for 3 months and it has definitely improved, but not gone away yet. I'm pretty sure I'd have to be under 20% BF to not have one. It's just genetics I think.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    i also have this! and like some of the other girls have posted it has been lessening with weightloss :)
    yours has lessened significantly.. and to be honest, it looks totally cute on you! wish mine was more like yours!!
    fingers crossed it just goes after further weightloss.. I am also thinking of trying bio oil (or coconut butter), since its now a bit like a 'wrinkle' or strentch mark. x
  • jeanybilos
    jeanybilos Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I guess its just the body type because I have this even I only weighed 98 lbs in my pre pregnancy 5'2 in height I have the same thing no matter what I have friends weighing more than I do same and height they don't have the dent like mine😹 like in the picture.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jeanybilos wrote: »
    I guess its just the body type because I have this even I only weighed 98 lbs in my pre pregnancy 5'2 in height I have the same thing no matter what I have friends weighing more than I do same and height they don't have the dent like mine😹 like in the picture.

How did you even find this zombie thread @jeanybilos???
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Some things that are mentioned play a role:
    Genetics, for women having had a pregnancy, weight etc. but there is another one and it is called age!
    One of the things that helps is core strength training. As you get older you start to sag as gravity takes hold (nature is cruel) and if things are already not strongly held up then it is easier to have a drop.
    Core muscle (both stomach and back) will 'pull' you up and will help to reduce, but not avoid,

I used to have it, but (at 50) no longer now I am at maintenance (BMI =22) and me really getting into my strength training. Granted I am childfree so that makes that I haven't had that stressfactor to my stomach
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    jeanybilos wrote: »

How did you even find this zombie thread @jeanybilos???

It really is a puzzle sometimes, isn't it LOL