Lost just 1 pound :(

Options
I walked 6 miles a day last week for 4 days losing around 700-750 a day and calorie deficit of 300 calories/day and on low fat diet. After last week, I felt lot of difference in my back and seemed like lost a lot (may also be water weight).

But today I weighed myself and saw that I just lost 1 pound, even after adding 2 days of 6 miles walk and 700-750 calories lose this week.

My target is to loose 30 pounds in 4 months, but I got depressed looking at my weight loss today. :(

I wonder how people loose 30 pounds in 2-3 months.

Want some tips please.

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is the exact progress you want from weight loss. Any more than that isn't sustainable or healthy in the long run.
    Well done, you lost 1lb in your first week.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How I lost thirty pounds in three months?

Be really, really fat and losing weight the first time. As in morbidly 300+ pounds obese and watching what I eat for the first time in my life.

What I am saying is your goals are unrealistic. You should aim for a pound a week unless you have a great deal of weight to lose. The closer to your goal weight you are, the slower the weight will come off.

On that note? Congratulations on your first pound of weight loss. Keep up the good work!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is the exact progress you want from weight loss. Any more than that isn't sustainable or healthy in the long run.

^This^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    One pound is good...great in fact. I lost 35 Lbs at about 1 Lb per week rate. It's not the same week to week...sometimes it's more, sometimes less..sometimes nothing. It averages out over a much longer period of time and isn't linear.

By the way, you lost this...

1lb_fat.jpg

Focus on being healthier and more fit, not so much on losing X Lbs by such and such a date...focus on being better today than you were yesterday...and better tomorrow than you were today. The rest will fall into place.
  • gretchenk77
    gretchenk77 Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! A loss is still a loss! Keep it up. :)
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think one pound is great! Some weeks you lose more, some less. I wouldn't put such an emphasis on a timeline. Goals are great but really they are meant to get people into action.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Just 1 pound???? That's great and better than gaining, right?
  • BigTnew
    BigTnew Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Better than gaining a pound.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    One pound is awesome! I wish I could say the same this week, but I can't.

Self-talk is very, very important. Celebrate what you've done. Don't bemoan what you did not do.

BTW, my 13 pound loss is since Christmas. Very slow, but still adding up.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

- Author Unknown

????Just keep adding to that one pound.????You got this!!
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's taken me almost a year to lose 20 lbs... but guess what... its STILL off!!! And I'm STILL losing. 1/2 lb to 1 lb a week is great progress, be proud.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Why the need to lose it within a specific time frame? Why not just do it the slow, healthy way, and know that you're more likely to keep it off for the long run?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Embrace this loss. Weight fluctuates. Take before photos now and take your measurements. They will show you whats really going on in two months.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I first started really trying to lose weight, I was also upset about losing just one pound, but something happened and now I am happy even if it's only half a pound(sometimes less) but I learned the hard way, a loss is a loss, doesn't matter how small it is.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I walked 6 miles a day last week for 4 days losing around 700-750 a day and calorie deficit of 300 calories/day and on low fat diet. After last week, I felt lot of difference in my back and seemed like lost a lot (may also be water weight).

But today I weighed myself and saw that I just lost 1 pound, even after adding 2 days of 6 miles walk and 700-750 calories lose this week.

My target is to loose 30 pounds in 4 months, but I got depressed looking at my weight loss today. :(

I wonder how people loose 30 pounds in 2-3 months.

Want some tips please.

I lost a lb last week too, that's a good thing :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    one pound is great but there may be reasons it isn't happening as fast as u would like. I didn't lose one pound in 4 months so I read a thread about increasing my calories. The next week I went from 1200 calories to 1500 calories and dropped 2 pounds. Two days later I dropped another half a pound. The half a pound was lost while I was menstruating so that is amazing.....You might need to increase your calories is what i'm saying and you do want to eat your exercise calories back as well.....
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

- Author Unknown

????Just keep adding to that one pound.????You got this!!

love, thanks for sharing.
  • oadmpeas
    oadmpeas Posts: 2
    Options
    You body is adjusting to the change. Drink lots of water. I walked 50 miles this week and was under my calorie goal everyday. net loss this week = 0. I have lost 28lbs in the previous 2 months though. It will come. just keep it up.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'd say 1lb is pretty good. I bust my butt off every week between 30 Day shred + running + walking sometimes burning 800-1000cal a day and I haven't lost a lb since December. Measure yourself. I've lost about 2-3 inches in my waist since December which is my victory > weight loss. Whatever you do, keep going. Don't give up and don't rush.