Fat cells popping

Options
That's what I'd like to think it is, at least. When I work out, especially run or heavy leg work outs I feel a "bubble popping" sensation in my legs. What is that??

L

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i feel it too, a little itchy? i think it's from increased circulation. But IDK. I'm pretty sure fat cell don't "pop" LOL although I wish they would
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get that too if I've been doing lots of exercise. I always assumed it was lactic acid in the muscles but don't really knwo!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I don't know what it is, but I LOVE IT! (I might be a little weird).
  • olivia39
    olivia39 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeah! I feel that too. I always thought it was just me. Its a bit itchy and bothers me a lot after I do the treadmill.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have no idea what it is either...I like the lactic acid answer...sounds nice and scientific. But this post made me smile. I'll have the image of bursting fat cells every time I feel that "tingle"
  • tina_011794
    Options
    its actually a sign of muscle strain and build up of lactic acid - basically a sign that you should feel it 1-2 days later. I recommend a long hot bath and a good stretching session to relax the muscles. It will also help to eliminate some of the pain in later days.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    LOL! This post made my day. Thanks for that! The itching is due to the opening of capillaries in your legs. Increased circulation, due to increased heart rate, causes this to occur.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i get that too! to me it feels like my legs muscles are twitching and sometimes i can see them do little jumps.
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    I get that too.....wow....I can just tell my self it's fat popping...LOL....I am sure muscles are releasing chems....but the other reason sounds better.