Laughing cow

Options

Replies

• Alarista
    Alarista Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My friend made chicken with them.

Take a chicken breast, cut off the icky parts, use a mallet to pound it uniformly flat, then roll a little ham, some baby spinach, and a wedge of cheese, roll it up, bake it and viola, yummyiness!
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    the laughing cow soft cream cheese is delightful on wheat thins tomato basil flavored crackers :flowerforyou:
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have some of the Laughing Cow and the Babybel. The Babybel seems more like real cheese. I didn't know the Laughing Cow came in so many flavors, I've only tried the original Swiss. I live in the boonies, so a lot of products aren't available.

One cheese product has really come in handy for me, and it's REAL cheese. Sargento has some ultra thin sliced cheese that I use for sandwiches, on eggs, etc. A few of the varieties are 40 calories per slice (Provolone and Colby Jack), the sharp Cheddar is 45 calories per slice. Voila, portion control. I always have one or two types in the fridge and use them often.
  • aprilsonshine
    aprilsonshine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of laughing cow. My favorite is to use the garlic and herb as my cheese and mayo on ham or roast beef sandwiches. Delish!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Choose quality over quantity.

ALWAYS. In art. In food. In men. Everything.
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you buy a higher quality cheese, you want less of it because there is more flavor (at least that I've found.)

Also - some of that fake cheese has really strange ingredients. You can get a thin slice of real cheese (Sargento makes the 45 calorie thin slices) for that same 45 calories and I'm guessing it would be a lot more satisfying.

Just my two cents.
  • keywest55
    keywest55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I spread it on a tortilla add lunch meat fold it and heat it in a frying pan
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just discovered laughing cow garlic & herb spread on a whole grain wrap or sandwich flat with some turkey...very tasty. Also love it spread on the everything pretzel thins as someone else mentioned. I don't like most cheese, at all, so it's nice to have something on crackers other than PB.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    I like a Laughing cow wedge on my spinach omelet when I fold it. All flavors are good to me this way except the French Onion. That one I like to throw in my brown rice and beans.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of high quality cheese, but there is still something I like about the trashy processed nature of laughing cow. It's similar to how I love both homemade baked macaroni and cheese casserole as well as kraft macaroni dinners. :p

Tonight I mashed a wedge with some avocado, mixed with black beans, and ate it in tortillas.
  • jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    Options
    I like the garden vegetable Laughing Cow wedges spread on some turkey breast slices and then I roll them up for a yummy, high protein, low carb snack. :)
  • Pegioue
    Pegioue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love laughing cow I spread it on my bread or pita instead of mayo and you don't need cheese for your sandwich I also put it in my salads in eggs and on backed potatoes
  • digadeedee
    digadeedee Posts: 1
    Options
    Its great spread on toast or a bagel with a slice of tomato on top. Also good stuffed in celery. :)
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    Laughing Cow comes in different flavors. I personally adore the veggie flavor kind and the garlic and herb. The plain swiss spread is not very tasty..

I like to smear some on celery, and they are very good with turkey burgers as well.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I use the light triangles as sandwich spread, or on squirrelly bread instead of butter. I will also jazz it up with some roasted garlic and red pepper seasoning. I also like the French onion for a bit more flavour.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I use my laughing cow for friends who need a pick me up when they are in a bad mood... Nothing like a laughing cow to put someone in a better mood!

haha, oh dear. But really, I use laughing cow on breakfast "sandwiches." I scramble eggs with onion and baby spinach, and put laughing cow on a thin multigrain bun. Then with the eggs, top with tomatoes, sometimes some veggie bacon (vegetarian here), and voila! Delicious, satisfying breakfast!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I use it to spread on almond chips and then top with Pica De Gallo. Make shift nachos! Yum!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    oh I never thought of using it in eggs, thanks everyone. I use it on my wraps or sandwiches when I want something a little different than cheddar cheese slices. I've also used it to replace mayo and make tuna salad for sandwiches (packet of light tuna in water, a wedge of the garlic flavor, and some cut up baby gerkins). yum.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    oh I never thought of using it in eggs, thanks everyone. I use it on my wraps or sandwiches when I want something a little different than cheddar cheese slices. I've also used it to replace mayo and make tuna salad for sandwiches (packet of light tuna in water, a wedge of the garlic flavor, and some cut up baby gerkins). yum.

Thanks for the idea! I like tuna but hate mayo! Thanks so much for this!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    A wedge of the Garlic & Herb Lite on a huge stick of celery is only 45 calories. It's crunchy, creamy, & filling... I also like it with other raw veggies like mini peppers, and sugar snap peas. The pepper jack flavor is good, too.

And btw, I have mixed the plain cream cheese flavor with a little coco powder and that was good on a cinnamon raisin bagel!