anybody eating gluten free & looking for friends?

Options
i've just recently started eating gluten-free (literally less than 24 hrs) due to what i think is a gluten intolerance.
so, i'd like to have some friends who are also eating gluten-free to share recipes and other ideas with! :)

Replies

• jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just went to the doc yesterday with what I thought was a lactose intolerance and it turned out to be GERD.. probably from dairy and grains, so my doc recommended going paleo. I am starting today too and still researching. paleOMG.com and a girlworthsaving.com have good recipes I have found so far. Markdailyapple.com is supposed to be good too.

Feel free to add me!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free! I don't usually buy the gluten free equivalents for many reasons mostly they are really high on the gi scale and spike your blood sugar, can be higher in calories and are 9 times out f 10 way more costly. So I eat lots of fresh food Ana d make most things from scratch! Feel free to add me and ask me any questions you have :) .
  • fiwen30
    fiwen30 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm gluten free due to Coeliac disease, my diary isn't that up to date, but I'd love to see what ideas you come up with!
  • heaterseven
    heaterseven Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've gone Gluten Free after reading "Wheat Belly." It was the best thing I've done diet wise. I'm much more awake during the day, eat healthier. I agree with an earlier post, I try not to do GF processed foods, very high in carbs, but I do occasionally treat myself to pizza made with a Schar GF Pizza Crust.

Being new to GF, the first 2 weeks are the hardest to get used to not eating breads, certain cereals, etc, but trust me, you will feel great. And you will find things to substitute.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been gluten free for about three months now. Gluten gives me tummy aches and migraines. Feel free to add me - I keep up with my diary pretty consistently.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten free for just over two months. Gluten was giving me rashes and various digestive issues. I track consistently and don't buy a lot of specially made gluten free alternatives (most of them are expensive and I am on a budget). Feel free to add me.
  • emilysmellz
    emilysmellz Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    x
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free! I don't usually buy the gluten free equivalents for many reasons mostly they are really high on the gi scale and spike your blood sugar, can be higher in calories and are 9 times out f 10 way more costly. So I eat lots of fresh food Ana d make most things from scratch! Feel free to add me and ask me any questions you have :) .

Same, they are super expensive!
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me. I have celiac disease and have been gluten free for 2 1/2years.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    Try the book practical paleo. It's pretty awesome!

Gf since feb 2013 due to skin/digestive issues.

Word of warning....for me if I have tried to consume gluten or eaten it by mistake then I get sick.

Some gf things are $$ but delish...I like the King Arthur baking flours (for gf pancakes, yellow cake, cookies)... And my family who isn't gf like em too. My husband and I rationalize that while some gf things are pricey it's a no brainer to invest in your health. But yes, whenever you. An eat food in its simplest form :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi I have coeliacs and other food restrictions. there is a gluten free group on here that is us3eful and feel free to add me.

My diary is also Egg, soya, dairy sunflower and mustard free..
  • denny712
    denny712 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac and have been gluten free for just over 3 years, after being misdiagnosed for 15 years. My digestive system has never been happier! Although eating ANYWHERE with friends can be a challenge.
    I do buy a few processed gluten free foods, like bread, bagels, tortilla wraps, and english muffins, but I only eat them once or twice a week. My advice would be to focus on whole, unprocessed foods (grain free, obviously). It's way healthier for you and will definitely aid in weight loss. You can work on figuring out which processed gluten free foods to add back in once you reach your goal weight.
    One of my favorite websites for gluten free recipes is glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com. She has great recipes and they're organized by type so I think the site is easy to use. Feel free to add me!
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    you can add me if you want I am Allergic to gluten and still yet to find another person who is as well.
    5 years ago I thought i was intolerant after loosing weight and started eating bread again which I then could pin point what had made me ill before the weight loss.
    It wasn't till a year ago I kept falling ill if i tried to eat anything small amount of gluten that i went to be tested for Coeliacs to find before the result had come back that I was in fact Allergic and now know I have been showing signs since i was about 10yrs old.
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    can someone explain to me what the symptoms are and how it effects weight loss? and what you eat on this diet?
  • littlenyama
    Options
    Here is a good explantion of Celiac Disease vs. Gluten Intolerance.
    http://www.celiac.com/articles/23091/1/Celiac-Disease-vs-Gluten-Sensitivity-or-Gluten-Intolerance/Page1.html

I am allergic to wheat, which results in a GF diet. Feel free to add me.
  • littlenyama
    Options
    I am allergic to wheat (amongst a ton of other things), rather than Celiac. Ends up being a very similar diet.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm working on cutting it out to see if it will help with my chronic migraines. Here's a good MFP group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free