Help me i am gaining weight?

Options
why am i gaining so much weight...i was a d1 athlete and have a more manly body typed. I am not huge but why am i gaining so much weight...i am eating right (under my calories daily) and working out only 3 days a week because of the muscle i build.

Replies

• gingerra19800
    Options
    maybe your body needs you to eat the full amount of calories..for awhile..and or check your sugars and sodium..might be that.. hope that helps..but dont give up!!:flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    It is hard to tell because you dont have your food diary public. You need to take a look at what kinds of things are you eating. Are you eating enough for the amount of exercise you are doing? Maybe you need to change it up a bit, change your exercise routine?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    If you don't already have them, buy a heart rate monitor and a kitchen food scale.
    Two big reasons could be over portion sizes and calorie burn being off.
    Can't see what you're eating, you'd need to make your food journal public.
  • gypsythunder
    Options
    I aggree with the posts above. Here's another idea. Have you changed your daily routine at all? For instance, if you've changed jobs and are sitting more now, you won't be burning the calories you used to. Also, you may want to change the way you look at weight loss. Gaining more weight but being able to fit in smaller Jeans is a good thing! :) Take measurments of your waist and see if you are loosing inches instead of pounds.

Also look at the type of exercise you are doing. Change it up. Running may not be the calorie burner is used to be. Sweaty Yoga maybe better or vice versa. Not only does changing exercise help with the calorie burning but it prevents boring. I am actually looking into fencing or belly dancing classes for something new. Cutting back exercise because you don't want to gain muscle weight is definitely not the way to go.

Hang in there. The best stuff is always worth the work you put into it and change is always the hardest type of work.
  • bp14tigers
    Options
    Thanks everyone it is really helpful