Night snacking vs. coke zero

Options
2»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The main reason I don't drink soda is the carbonation. The acid triggers my digestive problems. But if it doesn't bug you, a soda now and then isn't gonna kill you.

P.S. People saying the acid is only harmful to your tooth enamel if you don't brush your teeth afterwards may be mistaken. Brushing right after consuming acids is actually a bad thing. Your enamel is softened by the acid and brushing it in a weakened state like that can wear your enamel down. It's better to wait a while after acids before you brush. There's no sugar in it anyway, so why would you need to brush right after?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    ^google is definitely not a reliable source of information. Lots of pseudoscience. The myth that artificial sweeteners cause cancer was disproved decades ago.

Coke Zero is fine. It's not going to do anything detrimental.

Shrug drink what you want just saying apple wayyyyy better than diet coke and i dont want to drink that junk
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's funny that i saw this cause i'm totally drinking one right now....i say if one coke zero prevents you from eating a half gallon of ice cream or stuffing your face with other carbs (why i do it)....then drink it. =)

^This. Exactly!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    So I have cut of eating after 7 because it cuts all the mindless snacking that I do at night and a reason to turn down my husbands dessert traps. So to curb any sweet tooth that I have I drink coke zero. But everybody on here has me freaked and paranoid about drinking coke zero. So I guess my question is should I try and figure out a low calorie option or stick with my zero calorie soda option.

Coke zero's fine. It's what I drink instead of water. I hate water. Bores the **** out of me.

I've been single digit lean drinking whole camel-fulls of coke zero - I wouldn't worry about it.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Over the past several months I've slowly pushed my night time eating window back, to 7pm, breaking my night time snack binging problem. After doing that and getting into the new habit, I'm now tackling my diet soda addiction (today day 4 with no soda or caffeine). I'm tired of being dependent on caffeine, so it was time for me to get rid of it. But, I didn't do everything at once-baby steps for real, positive changes :)

After 7pm this week I've only drank water-no other foods or drinks.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a lot of pop, but when I do it's always a Coke Zero. As someone else mentioned, sometimes it prevents stuffing calorically dense, nutritionally void foods into my pie hole in large quantities. If I need something sweet tasting I will have an icy cold Coke Zero and that helps me stay on track.

Everything in moderation.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    ^google is definitely not a reliable source of information. Lots of pseudoscience. The myth that artificial sweeteners cause cancer was disproved decades ago.

Coke Zero is fine. It's not going to do anything detrimental.

Shrug drink what you want just saying apple wayyyyy better than diet coke and i dont want to drink that junk

if you don't have cals left for the day, I would rather have a coke then go over with an apple
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Caffeine at night wouldn't work great for me.

May want to check into that "no eating after 7" rule. If you're struggling, it may not be the best approach.