Does anyone follow the Eat Clean Diet???

Options
I am back after 2 years and I have gained back all 20lbs I lost....But no boo hoo'ing here just re-motivated and ready to make some really great changes.
I have recently read the Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno and I really think eating clean makes a lot of common sence.

If anyone else follows the Eat Clean Diet I would love to hear your stories and maybe form a support group.

SO HAPPY TO BE BACK WITH MYFITNESSPAL.........

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! :)
  • MicahNicole
    Options
    I would like to hear also, I just purchased that book too!!!! But I need help getting started!!
  • salamander
    Options
    I am currently trying to eat clean, and I have the book, but I do a modified approach to it as my husband doesn't follow a clean eating lifestyle and doesn't want to eat "quinoa and broccolli everynight" ha ha.

Basically I try to eat as many clean foods as possible, and anything that is packaged that I eat, I try to get packaged foods that have as little ingredients listed as possible. The more ingredients, the worse the food is for you.

Eating out is brutal though, you are pretty much confined to salads when you go to a restaurant, or requesting the meal be prepared "special" (poached fish instead of fried, grilled steak/chicken instead of baked in sauce, etc.)
  • czar1978
    czar1978 Posts: 83
    Options
    Hello! Welcome back! :flowerforyou:

I am an "on-and-off" follower of the Clean Eating Diet. I try to eat as clean as possible at all times, but I've fallen of teh wagon a bit this summer. (Cookouts, beer, birthday and graduation parties, weddings, etc. :blushing: )

I have to tell you: I feel 100% better when I follow the diet. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I just feel healtiher, happy, more awake, more energized.

I subscribe to the Clean Eating magazine. It's great--filled with fun, easy recipes and information. The recipes always give me other ideas for creating my own clean recipes. I recommend subscribing if you want to follow the Clean Eating lifestyle.

Good luck! :smile:
  • mate1432
    mate1432 Posts: 22
    Options
    My family was doing really well on the Eat Clean way of life until I broke my ankle and my husband started doing the shopping and cooking. He lost 30lb, my middle daughter who has always struggled lost 19lb, and I lost 14lb. Everyone in the house asked that we go back on it when I was mobile again because they all "Felt" better. If kids are asking for it I say go with it. We started back and have all really done well. I'm not logging weight losses right now but I am toning from all my working out. One of my girlfriends got me started on it and everyone I know who is living that way loves it!
  • xlizzislegend
    Options
    I'm (re)starting this whenever I move into my apartment! :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I follow it pretty closely, I am a vegetarian and most soy products are not 'clean' but I do try my best to stick to whole foods and minimal processing. I love Tosca...I plan on having her body at her age (I hope :tongue: ).
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm so glad someone started this post. I have been wanting to see who else is doing it, and I for one would like to see it continue on as a regular support group. I just finished reading Tosca's new book, Recharged, and have gone through quite a few recipes and made up a menu for the entire upcoming week.

Made a run to the store on Friday to get the most important things to get started and will then go from there. I was on it off it a few weeks ago, and I have to say I felt great. Hard to restrain myself from my wine, but you know, when I had it over the past week, I just felt awful the next day, even just two glasses. Then I had fish and chips and I thought I might die I felt so sick.

I really like her program, it makes sense, and I've been totally on today, so I know I'll feel good tommorrow. I luv her idea about putting your oatmeal and boiled water in a bowl to sit while you get ready for your day. I guess it's like any other way of eating, planning is really important, but all in all with my weight training and cardio regime, this is the plan that works for me. I could kick myself for falling off but I hadn't read enough of the book before we went away to be properly prepared. Now I know, and I'm sure this is the way to go.

I'll be trying some of her recipes for the first time this week, so I'll keep you "posted" if I make any great finds!

Looking forward to hearing more from like minded folks.

KC
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    Back at me again, 48 hours into eating clean and I feel fantastic, had a great workout and now ready to make supper, better late than never!

Where are all you Tosca fans??? :)

KC
  • csrt80
    Options
    I too follow the Eat Clean Diet! I do however have some problems with the recipes or the guide line that you are suppose to follow when you first start because I don't like a lot of the food. Im not into seafood. The closes I come to is Tuna in a can of water and even that I have to add lemon juice, pinch of sea salt, black pepper & garlic to drown out the taste! So that right there cuts out a lot of the recipes that I can have.

However I too have fallen off the wagon and need to start a round 2! Looking for someone who will kick me in the butt when im sitting on it instead of doing something. Slapping my hand when I am going for that candy bar that has way to many calories. I also need to train my car not to stop at McDonalds in the morning for my McFrappa! Today I stopped and got the strawberry - banana smoothie. I was -25 for my sugar right off the bad for the day for a medium. I figure maybe if I cut it back to a small it wouldn't be bad. BUT I looked it up and I would still be over. I figure the smoothie would be a better choice seeing how it would give me fruit and dairy but it really isn't good FOR ME!
  • seestellarun13_1
    seestellarun13_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've always followed the EC plan off and on for the last few years. Oxygen Magazine (Tosca's husband mag) got me hooked on it way back in the day. But for the last 3 days I've been following EC and I'm feeling fantastic! (I'm also 19w pregnant and it has helped my energy levels tremendously...and it is supposed to be how you eat while pregnant or anytime in your life!)

Many of you, it seems, are just beginning your journey. Some helpful tips that I may have missed while skimming through this post:

The Kitchen Table - http://eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/
    Members of a community, much like this, post success stories, recipes, meeting Tosca, challenges, etc. at this site. What I found really helped with my EC journey this go round was the easy, quick, delicious recipes that everyday people post. If you haven't been there, I suggest you check it out!

Clean Eating Magazine - http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/minisite/ce_index.htm
    Ah! Amazing recipes, my DH even eats them!
    My favorite is the 'Clean Mac 'n Cheese'...yummy!

Hope my two cents helps!?!:flowerforyou:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    I too follow the Eat Clean Diet! I do however have some problems with the recipes or the guide line that you are suppose to follow when you first start because I don't like a lot of the food. Im not into seafood. The closes I come to is Tuna in a can of water and even that I have to add lemon juice, pinch of sea salt, black pepper & garlic to drown out the taste! So that right there cuts out a lot of the recipes that I can have.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!! That's me and tuna also! Sorry to hear her book has a lot of seafood recipes in it. I requested it from the library. Very interested in eating clean. I can do vegetarian, but not seafood. Good luck in your eating journey!

(sorry myfitnesspal, I posted this wrong. Still learning what all of these shiny square buttons on my computer do! :wink: )
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I follow the Eat Clean Diet, too. Like Maidofastrolat, I'm vegetarian and use processed soy products for my proteins at times. Eating out is tough, but I do the best I can. I would say, given these 2 issues, I probably eat 75-80% clean. It's made such a huge difference in the way I feel!

Both my husband and I have totally changed our bodies following this lifestyle. We have a couple of the cookbooks and cook from them regularly. I used to be a sugar addict and since eliminating it from my diet feel so much better! It was my daughter's birthday last week and we picked up a small cake from Whole Foods - I couldn't even eat it, it was just too sweet. That's such a huge change for me :)
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Members of a community, much like this, post success stories, recipes, meeting Tosca, challenges, etc. at this site. What I found really helped with my EC journey this go round was the easy, quick, delicious recipes that everyday people post. If you haven't been there, I suggest you check it out!

I did this wrong again, so sorry!
    but thank you for the awesome websites, they are bookmarked!
  • seestellarun13_1
    Options

I did this wrong again, so sorry!
    but thank you for the awesome websites, they are bookmarked!

So glad you enjoyed them - I've been following them for about 2 1/2 weeks now and my pregnancy weight gain has slowed down tremendously! The delicious recipes keep me fuller much longer, especially since I have this little man growing inside of me :)
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book and I'm scared. I skimmed through it B&N and the recipes look overwhelming but I did see one for the crock pot so I figure there must be some easy ones in there. Wish me luck! :happy:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Yay, good for you. You have to eat healthy for the little guy! And I am glad that you are full, that's encouraging for ME! I am SO loving those websites!!!!! I signed up for the newsletter's too. :-)
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "Bump" for later!
  • seestellarun13_1
    Options
    @ jmlowry - Check out my earlier post. I found that helped me ease into the transition of ECD a lot eaiser!

@chickabittie - How are we doing?!