30DS - Level three having no effect?

Options
I'm three days into level 3 of the thirty day shred and I'm really struggling!!!

The other two levels I have managed to follow Natalie but I am largely with Anita for this. I'm wondering if I would be better doing another 10 days of level two as I'm not sure if I'm getting the benefit of the difficulty of this level.

Having said that, level 2 and to and extent level 1 were hard work the first few days - maybe I should have a couple more goes before I ditch it?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I've not seen the third one..but if it was me, if it involves weights, make the weight lower or do the second one till you feel better.
    But me personally, I'd persevere but use lighter weights.

Don't let that b1tch beat you :wink:
  • passionflwr1
    passionflwr1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't really answering your question, but I just wanted to say that I loved level 3 the most and saw most of my weight loss during it. I also like to do level 3 every now and then even though I've completed the shred.

Edit to add: I read your post again (sorry, think I read it too fast the first time around). If you don't think you're totally ready for level 3, I don't think it would be bad to do level 2 for another week. Also, there are some modified moves that I still do (push ups are one of them).
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 weeks to get through the shred. I did level 2 for at least 2 weeks and level 3 for two weeks. No shame in that! Wait until you feel an increase in endurance and master the moves before going to level 3. I don't blame you for wanting to move up- I liked level 3 much more than level 2!
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I definitely feell ike I mastered level two, and I did three again last night and I can feel it getting a bit easier, (except for those damn push up planks at the start, they kill me!!) I was just worried that I won't be getting the maximum results if I aren't doing all of the moves.

I think I will take on board all of your advice, I'm determined not to be beaten, I will do level three six more times and then keep dipping in and out of the levels, and maybe look at some of JM's other dvds. Any recommendations??
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution is great.
  • passionflwr1
    passionflwr1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 and am enjoying that so far!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just follow Anita!! I love the shred! :)
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I loved level 2 the most. Level 3 was harder and more uncomfortable but I stuck with it and actually did it longer than 10 days. I did get so much stronger and saw improvement in what I could do. I think as long as you are pushing yourself to do whatever you can, do that. I remember I couldn't do a plank jack to save my life. Just had to di it with touching and not jumping. Now they are my favorite!! :) I start Body Revolution Monday. I just watched the first 2 workouts and am super excited!! :) Good luck.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is good, I think it's significantly more difficult than the shred. Recently I started Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, which is a 60 minute workout as opposed to 30, but I love it. It's more aerobic than either Ripped or the Shred, and I have seen a big difference in ab and arm definition.

I am a huge fan of the Jillian workouts. Thanks to her I am getting my pre-baby body back- lost 30 lbs and 15 inches and now fit into my size 4's again!
  • Soniaandreia
    Options
    i did ripped in 30 first, then moved on to 30ds and found it way too easy. so it seems like ripped in 30 is a good way to go AFTER the shred. not backwards, like i did it!
    though it did feel nice to totally be able to keep up with the girls on a JM video for a change!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I would stick to doing level 3. It is good to challenge yourself. If you feel like you are not getting as good of a workout because you end up sitting out of certain things, maybe go back and do level 2 after or sub in some exercises from level 2...

But definitely if you are able to follow Natalie in level 2, I say it is time to challenge yourself and move on.