How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• dennymau
    dennymau Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Once a week, at the same time of day (morning, before breakfast in my undies.) There are too many daily fluctuations and I'd drive myself nuts if I weighed in daily. My hubby weighs himself 2 or 3 times a day, which I find OCD. Hahaha (he has never been overweight.)

Bump!
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but Sunday (That's my rest day). But I only record it once a week on the same day of the week. I understand that my weight can fluctuate during the week and just because I am up one day and way down the next day doesn't mean that's what my official weigh in is going to look. I do suggest weekly weigh-ins on the same day close to the same time. Our body weight fluctuates throughout the day and even week so weekly will show a more accurate weight loss story. But I think if you understand the above checking your weight daily is not a bad thing, you can see how certain foods affect you in the short term and can learn how to not allow that one meal to affect your week.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning-did this while actively losing weight and still do it now that I'm in maintenance. For me, it keeps me accountable.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning and in the evening just so I can watch the fluctuations.
    I admit I am addicted to weighing myself because when I do not - I tend to not be as careful with my foods.
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    When I feel light and when curiosity strikes. :smile:
    If I feel like it's not going to be a good weigh-in, I pass. :brokenheart:
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I understand the natural variations, but find the general downward trend very motivating. I only log my weight once per week generally.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    morning, once a week.
    my weight will go up by 2 or 3 lbs by night time, but drop back down as a loss next morning...
    and once a week after my rest day because I will weigh more the day after exercising.
    x
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    a good rule to remember is a litre of water weighs a kilogram, so if you drink eight cups, thats close to 3 kilos of water, just in one day.

...Only if you don't pee!

I weigh myself once a week, in the morning, before breakfast and after my morning's 'ablutions'. That way, it's a true reflection of what I *actually* weigh, without food/drink from the day before, or food/drink from the day ahead confounding the measurement.

Weighing in once a week also helps you to see if you are on track according to your MFP goals, for example, if you are eating/exercising at a net calorie goal of 1200 to lose 1.5lbs a week (like I am), you can see if you are actually hitting that weekly weight loss (provided you are sticking to the calorie goal!) and can adjust as necessary.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Every morning...
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I understand the natural variations, but find the general downward trend very motivating. I only log my weight once per week generally.
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've weighed myself every day for as long as I can remember. It keeps me from falling off track
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    my official weigh in days is Monday on MFP, but I have to admit I weigh every day, in the morning, right when I get up..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    once a month if that ...

I go by how I look in the mirror and how I feel...
  • bolins95
    bolins95 Posts: 9
    Options
    hi! I weigh everyday but that's to keep me on track...I would weigh your self like once a week, on Mondays. and d it first thing in the morning after you have gone to bathroom and no clothes on..thats your most accurate! :)
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I only do it once or twice a week so I don't get discouraged. It's easier to see improvement after a week goes by. Whereas sometimes day-to-day I don't lose more than a little. Sometimes I break and weigh myself again if I had a particularly good workout or something. It's always a morning before I eat. I try to use that as a way to keep it consistent.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do it every few days because I still have about 40 pounds to lose, and after a few days of eating well and working out hard... I want to see the progress. I usually try to hold out for every Monday morning, but I get too anxious every few days.
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but now that my weight loss has slowed down there isnt any point in doing it more than once a week and once it slows down more maybe every couple of weeks. It's best to measure yourself to monitor ur progress.
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    i used to weigh myself every day... this is the first week i am going for once a week.... cant wait for saturday :/ its weird because i dont know where i am standing... however, i was often dragged down because of weighing daily
  • YorkiepuddingBird
    Options
    I only ever weigh myself once a week... and as i only started (again!) yesterday. Every WEDNESDAY will be my weigh in day. :flowerforyou:
  • christinealexis
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week or sometimes every other week. just to keep tabs on my weight and make sure I'm maintaining but I also like to go by how my clothes fit too. I always fluctuate so I don't really freak out when I see the number go up by a pound or two. Do what feel right to you, just don't obsess over it. measure yourself and then remeasure in a couple months.