Crystal Light??

Options
I use the Crystal Light to go packets in some, not all, but some of my water bottles. My question is - does this still count as a bottle of water I'm drinking? I add the calories for the Crystal Light packet to my food diary but still - can I count these bottles as actual water drank or not?

Replies

• Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I count it as water drank and add the crystal light calories to my food diary.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Why would it not be counted as water drank? Now if you were having the equivalent of 16 oz of water in coffee form, then no I wouldn't count that. But all the crystal light is doing is flavoring your water, not acting as a diuretic to dehydrate you.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I count it as water drank and add the crystal light calories to my food diary.

I do the same. ;)
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I count it as my water as well. I add the ice tea to 25 ounces and count it as 3 cups
  • SuzyT01
    SuzyT01 Posts: 12
    Options
    I count it and I don't even add it to my diary because I only have one packet a day (if that) and its only 5 calories so I don't really worry about it. I love CL!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I add it to my water count as well, but only if it's 4 servings of water or less. I wont drink it all day and count it. I also add the calories to my diary.
  • suchgreatheights91
    Options
    What do you guys think of sobe lifewater? ive been counting it as water because basically thats all it is plus vitamins. and its 0 cals.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    What do you guys think of sobe lifewater? ive been counting it as water because basically thats all it is plus vitamins. and its 0 cals.

How much sugar?
  • suchgreatheights91
    Options
    0g sugar and i dont see any hi fructose syrup business in the list of ingredients i dont understand
  • snicole918
    Options
    Well I've been counting it as my water, but my coworker pointed out that her husband drinks unsweet tea which is kind of the same thing - right? And I wouldn't count unsweet tea (IF I would ever even drink it) as water.

SoBe Lifewater is good stuff. I haven't had any in awhile, I would have to check out the ingredients! I'll pick up one tonight and let ya know what I think!!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I count SobeLife water's as water too.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Well, if it's just for general weight management/ loss, then sure, count it. BUT if you're doing a flush or need to get rid of recent water retention, plain ol' water's the only thing that will do. Your kidneys still have to filter the Crystal Light, so it's not quite as good as water.

That said, I'm drinking Crystal Light right now and TOTALLY counting it!
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Drink mix packets are the only way I can stand to drink water. Plain water holds no appeal to me so a glass will sit there all day untouched. Only thing is, watch for caffeine. If the tea flavors don't say "decaffienated" they DO have caffeine. Same thing with any of the energy flavors.

And I don't even count the calories. If I have 2 or 3 a day, 20-30 calories won't change anything either way.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Us it in ALL my water and count it as water drank...although I don't really track that. I am doing good if I manage to get 6 glasses in per day. Lately I am drinking my CL half strength. I am bad about not logging my beverages, but am working on it now

Someone mentioned CL being 5 cal per pk. Make sure you read the labels of all flavors. I have found (maybe just a Canadian thing?) that not all are 5 cals per pk. Some are 10.

Just bought the CL Hunger Satifaction (during a trip to US)...not sure it made me less hungry...any one else use this? To what effect? By the way this type is 30 cals per pk

• snicole918
    Options
    I've not tried the hunger satisfaction kind ... in fact, I've not even seen it yet. But you are right about the calories - the to go packs say 5 calories but the serving size is 1/2 packet so if you use the entire packet then there are actually 10 calories. I have always only used 1/2 of the packet as I think the flavoring is much to strong if you use the entire thing!!