How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• LucidEmotion
    Options
    Once per week. Morning is always best. After emptying your bladder & such but before breakfast. I'm currently embarking on the 5:2 intermittent fasting program. Bought a very nice scale also (EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Scale). It measures weight, body fat %, muscle %, total body water% & bone density %. I love it & find it very easy to use. I only weigh myself once a week, on the same day, roughly around the same time. I do find myself curious about my day to day fluctuations, but, like so many others, do not want the scale or numbers to control my thoughts. I'm doing this just as much for good over all health, longevity AND weight loss!
  • RosaryGuy
    RosaryGuy Posts: 1
    Options
    Like many others on the journey here I weigh in once a week, first thing in the morning. At times I even stretch it to every two weeks. Anything more than weekly for me can be a bit discouraging. Daily fluctuations are a reality that all of us have experienced but seeing those daily can derail the motivation a bit at least for me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    About once a month now that I am super close to my goal. But it was every other week in the beginning.
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My "official, log-it-in" day is Friday AM after I workout and shower at the Y. However...I typically step on the scale after I relieve myself of a full bladder upon opening my eyes in the AM.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning. Personally, I wouldn't weigh myself more often because I'm likely to obsess about the numbers too much then. Even when the scale isn't moving, there can be NSV's like fitting into an old pair of pants, going faster / longer on the treadmill, etc. But if I keep checking my weight every single day, I tend to forget about those and focus too much on what the scale says.
  • orangesapphire
    Options
    Every morning before I step into the shower, without having eaten anything. I have been doing this since this Sunday morning. It is interesting to see the fluctuations, and it corresponds closely with whether I eat healthfully or not.
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    Have to admit I weigh myself most days I train which is most days of the week if not every day right now.
    Its not too bad as I don't get too hung up on it if I find it not saying what want but is pleasing and motivating when it does.

More important to me though is my monthly body test which does fat in weight, as a percentage and also does lean weight, muscle mass, water weight and hydration percent etc
    Having a body test is the only true way to know exactly what is going on inside and for those who want to know, it gives you a metabolic rate to go by too.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning-did this while actively losing weight and still do it now that I'm in maintenance. For me, it keeps me accountable
    I do too, but only mornings....never the afternoon. Try and weigh close to the same time and you will see a pattern - up - down or steady. In maintenance, it can be harder, in a way, to control your weight.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings - first thing!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I weigh myself once a week before I have my breakfast. It is always on a Wednesday since its half way through the week and that works for me:bigsmile:
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Every morning that I can. (My usual hotel during the week doesn't have a scale.) If my weight is down, it gifts me a nice lift for the day; if it's up, I don't beat myself up over it, but I find I DO tend to make better choices throughout the day. I log in MFP every time, and use the chart to watch my overall trend.
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    At least 5 times a day, and every time I get a different number.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after my shower just to see where I'm at but my recorded weight is on Monday's. I measure once a month at the first of the month. It works for me.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday mornings after using the bathroom.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    At least 5 times a day, and every time I get a different number.

Your weight can fluctuate throughout the day sometimes it's only one or two pounds, it can be more depending on how well hydrated you are and what you have eaten.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all day long
    I wake up around 4 am while sleeping to go potty and i weigh myself
    And when i get up officially around 7 to 730 i go potty again and i weigh myself
    I walk past the scale I weigh myself
    I take a nap i weigh myself
    i eat i weigh myself
    several times before bed i weigh myself
    I weigh myself all day and all night long
    I don't care what people say about weighing yourself to much
    It gives me motivation and keeps me strong during the day
    Especially if I am struggling to stay within my calories
    Or days where I have gone over my calories it helps to remind me hey get on the elliptical otherwise you are gonna see that weight in the morning on the scale
    So for me its a necessary part of my day - I am going on vacation for 3 days and seriously considering packing my scale to help keep me in check while I am gone
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I try to at least once every 2 months. When I was weighing myself everyday. Or once @ week. I was getting very frustrated with the scale. I couldn't see it.
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hi, well i weigh in officially at WW every thurs afternoon. but i do have a scale at home that i check every day or other day. depends on how i feel. i think i have checked it more often lately just to make sure i did not gain anything. the scales are an evil thing. i recently got rid of my 2 digital scales which were always wrong...no really they were....lol i bought an analog scale and now it is more accurate to my weigh in at WW.
  • wisebuys
    wisebuys Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try for at least once a month, i don't own a scale and fear I would be obsessed if I did.
  • markysan
    markysan Posts: 33
    Options
    Twice weekly - became to obsessed with it. Now its averages out - but I do the same routine - weight same area, same scales, same clothes, same time.....blah blah.

Weight is just measure, whereas you need to remember its how you feel that really matters.