Need some advice

Options
Hi so far lost 3 stones on here and got 3 stones to go. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week (depending on work). I have been given a programme which is aimed at fat burning. I am now wondering if I should change the programme since I have lost the weight and I am concerned my body will get use to it. Any advice welcomed:smile:

Replies

• weffie11
    weffie11 Posts: 91
    Options
    Ask for a review at the gym - at mine, we can request a review every six weeks and you can have one more often if you're looking at something different like free weights. I try and change it around all the time - different lengths of time, different speeds, even changing the days throws your body away from what it's expecting. On the flip side, if it's still working for you.....

Have a read of this and see if it helps:-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jq2122/view/why-you-should-stop-working-out-and-start-training-534877
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't fret about hitting a plateau until I actually hit one. I refuse to disclose how many stones I've lost and gained over the years (lol), but here are a few things I've done in recent years to keep things in perspective...

1. If for whatever combo of reasons I'm not losing, then I just make sure I'm not gaining. Sometimes, the best thing to do is hold your corner and maintain until you can move forward instead of yo yo-ing.

2. In addition to cardio, build some muscle through strength/resistance training. You look leaner and it raises your metabolism.

3. To try to prevent a stall, I try to pick one day each week to eat more calories. The thinking it is it sets your body to expect a similar number of calories the next day and jump starts a loss when it actually receives less.

I personally have more success with moderate intensity (fat burning) than high intensity (aerobic) cardio. Granted, my workout takes longer, but I lose a higher percentage of body fat and inches which is as important to me as the weight that shows up the scale.

To make a long story short (too late lol), if it ain't broke, don't fix it unless you're getting bored with your current routine.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the advice:bigsmile: