coffee

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    At least 2 cups a day, with a tablespoon of International Delight creamer ( white chocolate macadamia) per cup. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of Stevia. Works out to just 40 cals per cup.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Ths morning I used my protein powder as my coffee creamer. A cup of coffee with 2g carb, 1g fat, and 30 grams of protein? Hell yeah.
  • Yella0606
    Yella0606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't LIVE without coffee. I have like 3 a day. And I use 2 splenda and Almond Milk. The almond milk I buy is 30 calories for a CUP! a Freakin Cup! I don't even use a cup... I don't even use half a cup... get Silk Vanilla Almond Milk 30 calories. I also bought a milk foamer from Pete's Coffee so it's like a cappucino with like 10 calories :)

That is an awesome idea! I have never thought of the silk vanilla milk. I am going to try that.
  • mankiller3
    mankiller3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gotta have my coffee in the morning. I usually put about 1 T of Fat Free French Vanilla Creamer in mine. its only a few calories and its worth every one
  • colapopmusic
    Options
    If you love it have it! Just cut back on something else that you are ok with not having. Like bread or cheese. I CAN NOT and WILL NOT live without my coffee with creamer. I just don't eat cheese on my daily sandwich to make up for the calories :)
  • Yella0606
    Options
    Coffee doesn’t have that many calories. My Maxwell is 2.5 calories for a cup. I usually drink 2 cups in one setting so that’s 5 calories. It is the cream and sugar that is the problem… most flavored creamers are 30 calories for a tablespoon. You might want to look into other alternatives for that. I like the Silk Vanilla Milk idea. I am going to try that.
  • Yella0606
    Options
    I have one K cup per day (Nantucket blend) on the large setting with 2 Stevia blend packets and either fat free (cheaper) or sugar free flavored creamer. It's about 70 calories so I log it and enjoy it. One cup a day is all I need.
    If I go to starbucks (not often) I order a tall light caramel frapucchino blended coffee, 130 calories, the perfect midday snack.

I want a light caramel frapucchino! LOL:tongue:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup a day.

2 tsp sugar (real sugar)
    2 coffee liquid containers

I work it into my calorie goal for the day (or I don't, but I don't care because i'm going to have it lol)
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 2 cups/day and will NEVER give up my coffee so I just allow for the calories from my fattening creamer and sugar.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with Blue Diamond almond milk and sugar.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I would never give up my coffee. In fact, I have a Tassimo coffee maker and include lattes (usually 2) in my daily diet. It's been that way from the beginning, and I incorporate the calories into my daily plan each day. It just is what it is.

On days I don't have a latte, I use regular half & half& in my coffee. My coffee is just too important to me to allow it to taste icky. Given the choice between icky coffee and no coffee, I'd choose none.
  • emilyds
    emilyds Posts: 88
    Options
    I love plain black coffee! At about 2 calories per cup, it's really not an issue with my diet.

However - I did read recently that you should always eat something before drinking coffee, otherwise all the caffeine with no food can actually slow down your metabolism for the day, so I try to at least have a piece of toast or some cereal in the morning, otherwise I would just go to work and drink coffee for hours on end!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think I might burn more calories than I take in when I drink coffee. I drink it black. I make it by grinding the beans in a small hand-crank grinder and then using a pour-over method. It takes me like 5-7 minutes to grind enough for a 16oz coffee and it's relatively vigorous rotations.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Sure do. With the liquid hazelnut creamer. Yummy. I have cut down though from 3 to 1 cup in the am. On weekends I may have two, but since I work out more on the weekends I allow it.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    There are days I have to have it. Cut my sugar to 1/2 tsp & 2 tsp skim milk.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i can agree with a previous poster on getting flavored coffee. i needed to get away from syrups and flavored creamers when i was diagnosed as diabetic. as a sustitute i buy flavored coffee, and add a packet of truvia & skim milk. if you're by a Target that advertises "fresh grocery", they have an awesome selection of yummy flavored coffees in their Archer Farms line. <3 !

or if you're not *that* concerned about it, just love it & log it!
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can't give up coffe, but I gave up cream and sugar.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    does anyone still drink coffee on their diet plan? do you use creamer and by that i mean 1 or 2 tbsp not a cup of it lol! i wanted to have coffee again with my coffee mate but only have it with a tbsp or two but wanted to get everyones input!

I have gone from black coffee to a depth charge.

Depth charge: 20oz. coffee, 4oz espresso.
    I then add about a half ounce of cream to smooth it out.

Delicious.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I love plain black coffee! At about 2 calories per cup, it's really not an issue with my diet.

However - I did read recently that you should always eat something before drinking coffee, otherwise all the caffeine with no food can actually slow down your metabolism for the day, so I try to at least have a piece of toast or some cereal in the morning, otherwise I would just go to work and drink coffee for hours on end!

Oh you read that? Was that in the American Journal of Broscience? Maybe the Journal of Negative Results?
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i can't live without my coffee, I drink it black most of the time though. you can always use lowfat milk instead of creamer.