Anyone try no more trouble zones by Jillian michaels

Options
Any one try no more trouble zones if so how does it compare to 30 day shred or ripped in 30? And are you supposed to do it every day?

Replies

• LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    It's one of my JM faves! It's more strength than cardio, so I mixed it with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism once or twice a week and tried to do NMTZ 3 or 4 times a week. It's longer than 30DS or RI30 - about 55 minutes if you do all 7 circuits. It's a great workout! Have fun:)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Love this one, and it's one of my favorites out of all of her workouts. It's ALL strength training. I feel so awesome after that one's completed. Gives me such an endorphin rush.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just bought NMTZ after feeling like I wanted more strength training and less cardio. I made it through all the circuits today! Not bad for an old (52) lady.

I am also doing RI30, currently on level 3. I think I will mix up the two, but I can tell I am really going to enjoy NMTZ.

Jillian recommends at least one rest day a week. Personally, I cannot imagine doing these harder workouts even two days in a row, but then again I am old! On days I don't do the DVDs, I either power walk or do the arc trainer.
  • bsms02
    bsms02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you record the calories burned from her videos? i did 1st day of 30 day shed - yikes!
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    As a matter of fact I did it today! However, it's the only Jillian Michaels video I've actually done. But you seriously feel the burn doing this because it's all strength training and it incorporates all of your body. I burn about 140 calories doing the whole video, and it gives me really good tone and defnition. I try to do it 3 times a week, because I do HIIT 6 days a week, and my body needs some time to recover.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love that workout! Some 30DS moves but also it's own thing. I don't think it's an every day kinda thing. I usually do it every other or even just a couple times a week. It's also nice because you can do just certain parts of it if there is something you want to focus on more.
    I'd recommend it!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    When I had a trainer years ago, it was a big no-no to do so many body parts on one day, so I usually do what I was taught then, 2 or 3 and then another the next day.
    I love this DVD though, I modify some of the squats because of my knees but the way she combines 2 exercises together is very efficient to get the job done and keep your heart rate up.

Once you learn them, you can do it without the DVD whenever you have time to squeeze some in.
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing it 5 or 6 times a week (I'm not doing anything else). I have a feeling this is just what I need more muscle less cardio exercises. I'm on my day 2 today and It's killer workout,,but I made it :)

One question though. Is this enough for toning up my triceps or should I do something more?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    was looking into doing this sounds like an intensive workout